Start a new topic

Address Types

When importing NCOA updates I'd like to have the old address become Previous.  I don't see a place in the profile under addresses that will allow this.  Currently the new address is added as a home address, the "send mail" is checked off and the Date From is the date the file is imported, the only thing the old address is updated with is the Date To and the "send mail" is unchecked.  I was thinking I could run a global change on the addresses after the import, however, one can only change either all addresses or just the preferred address.

Can anyone suggest a solution or work around?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Barbara,

If all of your new address types are the same, you could either add the address type to your spreadsheet for new addresses, or set the address type in Profile Defaults (see below). If they differ line by line, you would want to go the spreadsheet route.

Best,

Laura

Hi Laura,

I'm on 3.2.4.5, which I think is the most current.

Oh....I did see that option but thought it was for setting the new preferred address, not for setting the old address. Now that I understand that, do I need to put the new address type onto my spreadsheet?

Thanks,

Barbara

Hi Barbara,

Great question! It sounds like you may be running an older version of IOM. What version are you on? In newer versions, there is an option in Profile Settings to set the 'old' Address Type. This is accessible in the "New Preferred Address" group of settings, see below (I have 'Former Address' in my Address Type table, but you can use 'Previous Address' or whichever table entry you wish to select.)

Hopefully this helps and prevents the need for any global changes after importing!

Best,
Laura

Login or Signup to post a comment