Start a new topic

deleting alias in non-constituent records

I'm working on a cleanup project resulting from the wrong alias being added to non-constituent records (our duplicate and auto pick settings were all messed up).  I'm reviewing each case individually and want to keep the correct alias and delete the incorrect alias from the record.  When I go to aliases and highlight the row, I don't have the option to delete the row (it's grayed out).  I'm looking at about 350 records.  Is there a reason why I can't delete these?

Hi Melissa, just to verify, do you have all rights in Raiser's Edge security for the Alias field (add and edit)? Are you editing the records in List Management or in Raiser's Edge?

Hi Cheri,  I do have rights to delete aliases in RE.  These are non-constituent records in List Management that I'm trying to fix.  

Melissa,

Can you try going to a non-constituent within RE (not a list member, but a relationship record) and see if you can delete an alias there?

Thank you,
Amanda
Omatic Software

Hi Amanda,

I went to the non-constituent within RE and I can't do anything with the alias (add or delete). 

Melissa

bump

Hi Melissa,

Because you're seeing the behavior within RE, it sounds like it could be a permissions issue. Double check your rights to aliases in RE. If it seems to be appropriate I would recommend contacting Blackbaud support to see why you're unable to add or delete aliases.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thank you,
Amanda
Omatic Software

I can add and delete aliases in RE on full constituent records.  I cannot on non-constituent records.  Whether I do it via RE or via List Management. 

Hi Melissa,

Do you have full supervisor rights? If not, could a user who does (or using the Supervisor account) try to add or delete an alias on a non-constituent record within RE? If it's still not working Blackbaud will be your best resource for this.

Thank you,
Amanda
Omatic Software
Login or Signup to post a comment