Start a new topic

"Bank does not exist on the constituent record and could not be created."

Hi all,

Despite having the  "Add banks to Banks table if it does not already exist", I'm getting an error for some of our new constituents:

"Bank does not exist on the constituent record and could not be created."

This affects four of the fifteen new constituents in this particular import. Of these four, three have a missing leading zero and they are the only three in the file that do. This should be taken care of by a dictionary though, and we have checked that this is behaving as expected in the "Test Code" screen.

UPDATE: My colleague has just run another file on another profile and received the same error for one of her constituents. This one has the correct number of digits in both the sort code and account number fields.

Any idea what might be going on?

Cheers,
Tom


Random guess here but maybe there is a required field in the bank record that is not getting set? I am thinking that maybe it is not the bank entry on the table that is not working but the bank relationship that IOM is having a hard time creating.
Hi Tom,

If it doesn't seem to be a required field that's missing, we can take a look for you in support. I will need to examine the following files: the data file, the error.txt, and the IOM profile being used for this import. Please send these files to Support@omaticsoftware.com so that I can better assist you with your issue. When I have a resolution, I will post to this thread.

To send your IOM profile, please follow these steps:

* Go to IOM Configuration
* Highlight the name of the profile you are using
* Right click on it and choose to export
* Send the .xml file that is created
* It will be named in this fashion: IOM_Profile_Export_.xml

Thanks!
Amanda
Omatic Support
Hi both,

Thanks for the responses. After my previous encounter with required fields, this was one of the things that I checked out. The profile contains values for the sort code, bank name, account number and account name. In the past, when we've entered these values manually, they have been sufficient to add a bank to a gift (and consequently as a financial relationship to the constituent).

I'll send you the files Amanda. Fingers crossed it's not something that I've embarrassingly overlooked.

Tom
Maybe Account Type? Although it looks like that defaults to the first one.
Hi Tom,

Just wondering whether you ever managed to solve this one? I am having the same problem!

(Also, I recognised your name - you probably won't remember, but we briefly met at a Blackbaud User Group last year - we were both asking lots of questions!)

Sophia
Ahhh, I think I've solved it. In my case, the bank info was not in the same format as it was in the Financial Institutions table on RE (e.g. the branch name spelt differently). So, I just need to match my file to our existing bank info on RE (which is what we usually do, anyway!).
Hi Sophia,

Great to hear from you! That user group seems like a long time ago!

In our case the problem was similar. We had some entries in our fin inst table that shared a name and sort code, but had different branch info listed. We tend to ignore branch information, so our solution is to use the "clean up" function to merge those with branch info into one that has none. We've trained our import operators to do this when they reach exceptions, so we're slowly cleaning our table up as we go along.

If you find the default behaviour of IOM a bit frustrating, please consider supporting my uservoice suggestion: http://iom.uservoice.com/forums/18118-importomatic/suggestions/5363990-match-financial-institutions-more-intelligently

Hope to see you again soon,
Tom
Login or Signup to post a comment