Start a new topic

Individual's Organization Relationship - Default Set?

Hello,

Is it possible to apply an Organization Relationship default set to an Individual's business/employer? I ask because there is redundant information being added to the import file that could be handled with a default set (Relationship, Reciprocal, Date From, Print Position, Primary, Employee). Additionally is there a way to configure IOM to specify the "Date from" field as the import process date? This can be handled with the default set, however, but is not currently applicable.

Also, I have not found a way to specify the "Print Position?" check box state (T/F). The setting does not exist in Raiser's Edge default sets or IOM's available fields.

Thank you!

Patrick Thomas

I would like add one additional question which concerns the Business address that is generated when a Organization relationship is created. Is there a way to have the "Send mail to this address" check box set to FALSE by default or import a field that controls the state of this setting?

Thank you,
Hi Patrick,

> Is it possible to apply an Organization Relationship default set to an Individual's business/employer?
While IOM offers the ability to use a default set for most of the record types it imports, it does not currently have default set options for relationship records. This is a little more complicated than the normal default set because A) there are multiple types of default sets for each type of relationship (ind to ind, ind to org, org to org, org to ind) and B) because IOM now offers the ability to import an unlimited number of relationships simultaneously. For the second part, we have considered if we should just offer one default set for all the relationship types in that profile (for instance, all the "ind to ind" relationships) or if we should offer a grid that maps up certain relationships (for instance, ind rel #1 might need the default set for "spouse" while ind rel #2 might need the default set for "sibling"). On top of that, the constituent being imported on any row might be an org constituent instead of an individual constituent, so we'd need to offer settings for both "ind to ind" and "org to ind" default sets for each individual relationship. So we are definitely considering some functionality in this area, but unfortunately it's a little more complex than just putting a drop-down box on the defaults tab. I do recommend that you add this as a suggestion to the IOM UserVoice site though so we can track it's popularity (I don't believe anyone has added that yet).

>is there a way to configure IOM to specify the "Date from" field as the import process date?
You can import this field, but you cannot currently set it as a default or have IOM just default in today's date.

> Also, I have not found a way to specify the "Print Position?" check box state (T/F).
This seems to be an oversight by one of our developers. I will make sure he is summarily whipped and beaten, then we'll see if we can get it in for the next release. 

> Is there a way to have the "Send mail to this address" check box set to FALSE by default
This seems to be the default behavior of RE when you set an org relationship to be "Primary business information".  If you did not check that field, I don't think it would try to send to this address.

Thanks Patrick, we appreciate your questions and feedback!

Jeff
Login or Signup to post a comment