Start a new topic

RE Constants

Is there an easy way for me to access the RE constants like "CONSTIT_ADDRESS_fld_PREFERRED"?

Either built in already or a file to include?  I can find the values one at a time in the help file but it would be great if they were accessible in the API directly.

Wayne,

I'm guessing by your question about showing a custom form that you have a version of Visual Studio installed. If you start a new project and add a reference to Blackbaud.PIA.RE7.BBREAPI.dll (which lives in your RE's PIA folder), you can use the object browser in VS to see all of the possible options on the Blackbaud.PIA.RE7.BBREAPI.ECONSTIT_ADDRESSFields enum.
I was actually trying to work with the oRec object in BeforeConstituentSave in the IOM API

For example, I want to pull up the "email" phone type from the preferred address of the record matched and compare it to what I am importing.
From your example though I did find the constant in: Blackbaud.PIA.RE7.BBREAPI.ECONSTIT_ADDRESSFields.CONSTIT_ADDRESS_fld_PREFERRED

I would love to be able to shorten that. Is there some kind of namespace trick that I can use to do that?
Wayne,

The CRecord class also has a PreferredAddress property so you don't need to loop through the address collection to find the preferred one.

To shorten long namespaces like that you can add them to the Imports list at the top of your profile.vb or global.vb. In this case it would be:

Imports Blackbaud.PIA.RE7.BBREAPI
Fantastic!

P.S. I did get a .dll to run and pop up a form (can you believe it?) so I'll be messing with that as well.
Login or Signup to post a comment