Start a new topic

Promoting non-constituent to constituent

We have constituents in RE who have donated, volunteered or have other relationships with the organization. We also have non-constituents who have signed up for e-mail (via MailChimp) which we import as List Management records using the MailChimp connector. 

My question is how to promote the non-constituent records to constituents when a MailChimp subscriber later donates, volunteers, etc. Similarly, how can we match or merge with an existing constituent when a person signs up for email after they have previously donated or volunteered.

We have the MailChimp ID as an alias on the list management records along with various attributes identifying things like the email groups that the person has subscribed to but minimal contact info other than name and email address. After a person subscribes to email, we always create a new list management record. I don't see a way for the import to check if there is already an existing constituent with the same email address so we can use that.

Hi Tony

We use List Management for the same thing, to manage our Email Lists, among other thing.

When people make a donation online, it gets imported via ImportOMatic, and matches to the records in List Management automatically - which they get promoted to a constituent automatically.  

We do miss some when gifts are entered direct to batch where DM Acquisition crosses over, but we are using MergeOmatic (Duplicates) to pick

If u want to do it the other way round - bring people into List Management that are in Raiser's Edge, you can query RE and bring people into a list (this is a new function for 3.4 I believe).  We have both people in RE and people in LM which have signed our Petitions, so we have a full list of people when needed.

When we import people to LM i dupe check on Middle name, or an address line that isnt in the data, as there is no data it will then only check the Email address and name, and not match on any addresses. - see my question post here - https://omaticsoftware.freshdesk.com/support/discussions/topics/28000006202

Thanks. This is very helpful. I wasn't aware of the method for dup matching on eMail address. I will check that out. Also, you said "When people make a donation online, it gets imported via ImportOMatic, and matches to the records in List Management automatically - which they get promoted to a constituent automatically".  What criteria does it use to match to the records in List Management? We import our donations from Luminate and I need to dig into that process. So far, I have only been working with the MailChimp imports and exports.

We use a variety of matching depending on the profile and where the data is from. But generally its first name / surname / Address and then we tick Match on Phone Number and Email address. This may not work if you don't have names etc... But you could also use the blank address/middle name duplicate criteria as a second search criteria?  

We don't use Luminate so not sure how that connector works, but it cant be too different to building a profile from scratch,which is what we do.

You could always try mapping the Mailchimp ID to the email, and then into the donation form, and back from Luminate to RE, then it would match on the Alias  -but this might be changing a lot of processes.

Login or Signup to post a comment