Start a new topic

Object reference not set to an instance of an object Error

I received this error message when I tried importing a file: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Below is the profile I have set up, which I copied and pasted from NotePad since it wouldn't open any other way, and won't attach. I have also attached the excel spreadsheet I tried importing.


Thank you!

  Wine & Wishes Sponsor Co

 

   

      1

      Org Name

      1

      36

      -1

      Normal

      true

   

   

      2

      Title

      21

      57

      1

      -1

      Normal

      true

   

   

      3

      First Name

      21

      59

      1

      -1

      Normal

      true

   

   

      4

      Middle Name

      21

      60

      1

      -1

      Normal

      true

   

   

      5

      Last Name

      21

      61

      1

      -1

      Normal

      true

   

   

      6

      Addressee

      21

      52

      1

      -1

      Normal

      false

   

   

      7

      Salutation

      21

      55

      1

      -1

      Normal

      false

   

   

      8

      Constituent Code Date From

      201

      -14

      -1

      Normal

      false

   

   

      9

      Address Lines

      2

      22

      ImportOMatic_Dictionary_02

      -1

      Normal

      true

   

   

      10

      City

      2

      24

      -1


I had this exact same error message after upgrading to v. 3.3.1.2 last night. I opened up every one of my dictionaries and resaved them and now everything seems to be working perfectly.

Thanks!
Thanks Sharifa,

Those steps seem to have solved our problem for our first import profile - yay!

If we run into the same problem with any of our other imports, we'll try this first and see if it resolves the issue.

Thanks again for your help!
We've started getting this error as well after upgrading to v3.3.1.1 - all records in the import file are failing with the "Object reference not set to an instance of the object". I have created Blackbaud Case 13364816 for this and submitted the files above.

Hi Flora,

I am sorry you are encountering a more complicated issue! In order to properly assist you with this particular issue, I will need to examine the following files: error.txt file, data file, and the IOM profile being used for this import. Please send these files to Support@omaticsoftware.com so that I can better assist you with your issue. When I have a resolution, I will post to this thread. 


To send your IOM profile, please follow these steps: 

* Go to IOM Configuration 
* Highlight the name of the profile you are using 
* Right click on it and choose to export 
* Send the .xml file that is created 

* It will be named in this fashion: IOM_Profile_Export_.xml

Thanks!

Tiffany

 

Login or Signup to post a comment