Start a new topic

Deceased flag = Yes, for specific Assign Appeal Response

Hi there,

I have a question about the deceased flag in bio 1 and how I can link it with a specific assigned appeal response. So, my data file contains a column of constituent IDs and Assigned appeal responses. One of the assigned appeal responses is "T_Deceased". I want to tell Importomatic that when this response of "T_Deceased" is present, then mark the deceased flag in bio 1 as True or Yes. I'm not worried about what the deceased date is.

I've tried to do this using the dictionary. So I've said where the vales to match on = T_Deceased, put the replacement value of Yes/True/Check/Y - I've tried all variations. In the mapping field I'd then created a virtual field of Deceased and mapped it to the deceased field and used the dictionary I created. This hasn't worked!

Does anyone have a solution to my issue!

Many thanks,

Christine

Hi Christine,

Just to confirm, your dictionary looks like this, is that correct?

Hi John,

Yes it does. I've also tried it the other way round, just in case..

Make sure that for your virtual field you are properly copying the original appeal field over with the Copy Field function.

You need to both provide a value and apply a dictionary.  Set the function to Copy and then set the seed to be the appeal column from the file.

Note that this might end up breaking the import for non-deceased records since there is no entry in the dictionary for them.  I'm not sure how RE will react to having a non Y/N value in a boolean field.  If it does end up breaking the normal rows then you will have to modify the dictionary to set everything else (other than T_DECEASED) to be BLANK.

Hi Wayne,

Thank you for your response, just going to try this out now.

Warm regards,
Christine
Hi Wayne,

This does help thank you. If the record is marked as Deceased = N, and the incoming data contains T_Deceased for that person, it errors out to a pop up during the import. You can then confirm Yes to marking as Deceased.

This should actually work for us as the record should already be marked as Deceased = Y if that's the case, but the rule I've put in is a back up in case the record wasn't marked as Deceased. So we should have very few, if any, that error out. Thus this solution won't really delay the import process.

Many thanks,

Christine
Hi Wayne,

This does help thank you. If the record is marked as Deceased = N, and the incoming data contains T_Deceased for that person, it errors out to a pop up during the import. You can then confirm Yes to marking as Deceased.

This should actually work for us as the record should already be marked as Deceased = Y if that's the case, but the rule I've put in is a back up in case the record wasn't marked as Deceased. So we should have very few, if any, that error out. Thus this solution won't really delay the import process.

Many thanks,

Christine
Great to hear!

You can actually turn off the popup for mismatched data and have IOM automatically overwrite the RE value with the imported value if you want to. This is not a very fine grained option, however, and would require trusting the imported data more than the data already in RE.

See here the topic of Constituent Field Updates
https://omatic-importomatic.helpdocsonline.com/constituents
Login or Signup to post a comment