Start a new topic
Answered

Non-Constituent Participant Names

Hello there,

At our events, we often have attendees who attend (or are at least invited) but do not warrant the creation of a full constituent record. The Raiser's Edge events module allows us to store these as non-constituent participant records.

However, I cannot figure out how to import names (specifically, fields for First Name and Last Name) or address/phone information via ImportOmatic. If I choose Record Type: Participant, there are no name options. I don't want to create a full constituent and this is not a participant guest record. 

RE's built-in import functionality allows me to import names for non-constituent participants, although not address info, so it is possible, but, as we all know (or else none of us would be here) RE's imports leave much to be desired.

If anyone could point me in the right direction, I would greatly appreciate it.

Will Cohen

Best Answer
Hi William,

You would map the participant like you were importing a full constituent (constituent first name, constituent last name, etc), then map participant is a constituent as no.  This knowledge base article gives a bit more detail https://iom.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/291339-how-to-import-a-non-constituent-event-participant

Thanks,

John

Thanks for responding, Sharifa!
The participants were all added in manually (before we had ImportOmatic), which is why I was struggling. But I just got it to work! I needed to change some of the constituent matching settings.

Thanks!
Victoria

Hello Victoria,

Because you need to add/update the email address you will need to maintain the same mapping used to add the participant to the event. This means that on the second pass you will include the participant import id, constituent first name, constituent last name and the email address at minimum, within the profile. The mapping for the email address will be Constituent > Emails > Address > (whatever the email type may be), this will allow for the existing non-constituent participant record to be updated with the email address information. Try this out and let us know if you have any other questions!

Thanks! -Sharifa.

I'm having some similar trouble: I'm trying to update/import just an email address to non-constituent event participants, but it keeps wanting to add a new participant record instead of updating the record already in the event module. I tried using the Participant Import ID to match to the right person, but that has not worked. Any ideas or suggestions?

Victoria

Hi Mara,

If you attach a copy of your import profile, I'll take a look and see if anything comes to mind. Attached is mine.

Will

json

1 person likes this

I am also trying to import non-Constituent participants to an event and I could swear I was able to do it in the past with the import profile I am currently using.

I have the first name and last name mapped and have a column of "No" for "Participant is a Constituent."  The problem is that when I run the import, all of the records fail with the error that  "Required Field Missing:  ID #"  --  They do not have an ID number because they are not Constituents, and I have the column noting they are not Constituents.  What am I missing?  Is there something else in Config that I need to do?

Answer
Hi William,

You would map the participant like you were importing a full constituent (constituent first name, constituent last name, etc), then map participant is a constituent as no.  This knowledge base article gives a bit more detail https://iom.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/291339-how-to-import-a-non-constituent-event-participant

Thanks,

John
Login or Signup to post a comment