Start a new topic

Participant Attribute - only add if present

I have a field that I would like to import as a participant record, but only about 10% of my records have data in that field.  Will IOM skip adding the attribute if the field is blank, or will it just add it with a blank Description?  Is there a way to ignore it if it's blank?

1 Comment

Hi Julie!

I want to make sure I'm understanding your question fully - have you mapped the values that you wish to import as attributes in your Field Map as Attribute - Descriptions? If so, for those rows that are blank in the column you've mapped as an attribute, the attribute simply won't import in (at all).

If your concern is surrounding whether those attributes will be imported in with blank values when they exist on the constituent record prior to import, the answer is no. If an attribute, say 'Eye Color' (Category) - 'Blue' (Description) is on a constituent's record, and in my data file, the row for that same constituent in the 'Eye Color' column is blank, IOM will not remove 'Blue' from their record upon import. 

Hopefully this clears things up. Please let me know if for any reason I'm misunderstanding your question and I'll be happy to assist further.

Best,
Laura

Login or Signup to post a comment