Start a new topic

PostOmatic does not work from RE

We have been using PostOmatic from RE for about 6 months.  I came in to work the other day and it seems as if my settings were lost.  Omatic instructed me to contact Blackbaud since we are hosted and it would be up to them to fix it.  So far, they haven't come up with any answers and I need to get some postings generated for our Business Office.

I did some digging and I think part of the problem is in the settings tab.  The Custom Format Folder (on the General Tab) is blank.  It should be configured to show the folder where our custom POM output file format is stored. .   I know what should be in this field, but I can't edit it. 

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Hi Pam,
As far as I know, the only way the settings can be lost is if the database restored from a backup from before the POM installation, or you are connecting to a different database. The settings are stored in the TxtStream table in the database. Was there any event just before you lost your settings that you are aware of?
Worst case scenario is that you will have to re-enter the settings. The settings only save when you click Start. I am not familiar with your particular customization, but if you have complicated settings we might be able to retrieve them if they are in fact still in the database but inaccessible for some reason.
Thanks,
Steve
Hi again Pam,
I was looking at your case and there is some confusion about what the problem is. You can double click in the custom folder path box to enable editing.
Invalid settings will cause the Start button to be disabled on the main form, but blank values should not constitute invalid. Obviously, the path is required to work however.
Please let me know if that solves the problem or if we are still missing something.
Thanks,
Steve
Login or Signup to post a comment