Start a new topic

Importing Attributes

Hoping to get some guidance for Attribute Importing where I dont want to update the record if the Attribute already exists...

I am creating a List in List Management for the first time, and some of the list I am importing has people already existing donors in Raiser's Edge as Full Constituents.

I have split out Full Constituents from Non-Donors to import separately and i am matching only ID Only.

To these existing Full Constituents I am importing several Constituent Attributes, however some of these Full Constituents already have the attributes on the record (which in RE is mapped as allow 1 per record only).

I don't want to overwrite what is there - what options do I have in IOM to make sure the Attribute i am importing doesn't update what is there?

Thanks in advance

Erin

1 Comment

Hi Erin,

Within the import profile, under the Constituent settings, you can configure attribute matching options to ignore new incoming values. For non-unique attributes (where they can be added multiple times to a record), you can just set it to match by Category then mark the option to ignore new values. For unique attributes (where they can only be added once per record), you can select "ignore" from the drop-down menu.

Keep in mind that these settings are across all attributes you are importing, so consider whether they can all be updated/ignored the same way.

As always, we recommend running a test on a record or two before applying to large file, just to make sure you are happy with the results. Also, you can review the full attribute settings description in our user guide: http://omatic-importomatic.helpdocsonline.com/constituents

I hope this is helpful!

Amanda Tetanich, bCRE
Associate Product Manager | Omatic Software
Login or Signup to post a comment