Start a new topic

Remove email requests

I am trying to create a profile that updates all of our email un-subscribers.  I want to check off "requests no email" on the bio tab as well as place a DNC on the email address line.  I have created the below profile with 3 corresponding excel columns: Email address, Requests no email (marked YES), and Do Not Contact (marked YES).  When I run the profile it works correctly, unless my constituents already have their email marked with the DNC.  It seems to be skipping over them and not checking the requests no email box.  Any ideas?

Constituent email address - Email

Constituent field - Requests no email

Constituent Email DNC - references field a (email above)

Have you tried using TRUE instead of YES?
Thanks for the suggestion! Just tried that instead but still no luck

Hi Stephanie,

What version of IOM are you running? I tried this on the latest version, v. 3.2, and it imported as expected.

If you are on version 3.2, I would like to check your IOM profile being used for this import. Please send it to Support@omaticsoftware.com so that I can better assist you with your issue.  

To send your IOM profile, please follow these steps:

* Go to IOM Configuration
* Highlight the name of the profile you are using
* Right click on it and choose to export
* Send the .xml file that is created
* It will be named in this fashion: IOM_Profile_Export_.xml 

When I have a resolution, I will post to this thread.

Thanks!
Amanda
Omatic Software

Thanks! Just sent.
A quick question on this subject, when appending the DNC to email addresses, are you able to match based on any instance of that email address in the database or only the one that corresponds to the constituent ID? That is, if the same email address appears on separate records, or on a non-constituent organizational relationship, can IOM identify these multiple instances and apply the DNC to all of them simultaneously?

No - i had the same problem. It would only pick up the first instance of the email address to update in RE.  We have numerous records who share email addresses, mostly family members.  My import would only update one email address instance.  Maybe someone else has had better luck, but I haven't been able to find a solution for this yet.

Thanks Stephanie. So no solution as part of the import process. Did you end up with some other way of identifying and tagging those extra identical email addresses? Right now we're dependent on our third party email deployment software to purge those email addresses from an unsubscribe list in their CRM. Thinking there might be a way to backfeed those matches into Raiser's Edge as a separate import. Will keep you posted.
Login or Signup to post a comment