Start a new topic

"Index was outside the bounds of the array"

Hi,

Has anyone received this error message on an exceptions file before? How can it be corrected?

Thanks!


Hi Kevin,

I am sorry you are encountering a more complicated issue! In order to properly assist you with this particular error, I will need to examine the following files: the data file, the error.txt and the IOM profile being used for this import. Please send these files to Support@omaticsoftware.com so that I can better assist you with your issue. When I have a resolution, I will post to this thread.

To send your IOM profile, please follow these steps:

* Go to IOM Configuration
* Highlight the name of the profile you are using
* Right click on it and choose to export
* Send the .xml file that is created
* It will be named in this fashion: IOM_Profile_Export_.xml

Thanks!
Amanda
Omatic Support

I just got this very same message when I attempted to test a new import. Does anyone know what this error means?

Thanks,

Lisa

Hi Lisa,

This error can refer to a few issues. One can be a column mismatch between the data file and IOM profile. Check to make sure that they are lining up correctly.

The error can also happen when a dictionary is translating something improperly (for example, adding text to a numeric-only field).

If this doesn't seem to be the case, I will be happy to take a look for you. Please send your data file and profile to Support@omaticsoftware.com so that I can better assist you with your issue. When I have a resolution, I will post to this thread.

To send your IOM profile, please follow these steps:

* Go to IOM Configuration
* Highlight the name of the profile you are using
* Right click on it and choose to export
* Send the .xml file that is created
* It will be named in this fashion: IOM_Profile_Export_.xml

Thanks!
Amanda
Omatic Support
Hi Lisa,

Thank you for sending in your files. In this case the error was caused by a column mismatch. Once the file and profile matched, the import processed as desired.

Thank you!
Amanda
Omatic Support
I was getting this error in Profile Code as well. I had a real field ("Donation Date") mapped to the Gift Date and a virtual field ("Appeal") mapped to the Gfit Appeal, and was copying the "Donation Date" to that virtual field.

In code, I was trying to add text before & after the year, so I had a line

Import.Fields.GetByName("Appeal").Value = "CO-MISC" & RIGHT(Import.Fields.GetByName("Appeal").Value, 4) & "-WPG"


This was giving me this error - I think because I had made the virtual field a copy of the Gift Date field, the virtual field was a date as well, even though I was mapping it to the Gift Appeal.

When I changed the virtual field from a Copy of the "Donation Date" field to a Static one and changed the code to

Import.Fields.GetByName("Appeal").Value = "CO-MISC" & RIGHT(Import.Fields.GetByName("Donation Date").Value, 4) & "-WPG"


it started working, even though "Donation Date" is a date field - in this case, the implicit type conversion is successful.

Hope that helps.
I have also just found that moving the piece of code causing the error to a different section helped (from "BeforeComputedColumns" to "BeforeDictionaries")
Login or Signup to post a comment