Start a new topic

Error on Action Date import

Hi All,

I am getting an error on importing actions and the action dates are in the import.

If I delete the action date from the import set-up, it works (but defaults the date to today), but we need the date in the file.

According to Google - this looks like an SQL error?!?

IOM Version: 2.7.1.6 RE Version: 793.5782.12
Profile: CCP 2015 NC Indiv
REImport Error File
Import File: G:\Database\Projects\SPA\RE - Xmas Party\20151020_153209_ExceptionsTEST.csv
Master ID Source: Raiser's Edge

Line 1: The conversion of a varchar data type to a datetime data type resulted in an out-of-range value. -->System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action`1 wrapCloseInAction)-->System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action`1 wrapCloseInAction)-->System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean callerHasConnectionLock, Boolean asyncClose)-->System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.TryRun(RunBehavior

kind regards

Hope.

Hi Hope,

Double check the action date in the file - is there a timestamp?

Will you please take a screen shot of the action date mapped in IOM and then the column from your data file?

Thank you,
Amanda
Omatic Software

Hello again Hope,

I just checked and this error was resolved in IOM version 3.1, which you can find here.

Open the attached zip file at the bottom of the post and run the setup.exe file while signed out of RE. Please note that all IOM users will need to update at the same time.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thank you,
Amanda
Omatic Software

I cannot paste pictures in here.

The timestamp was on there in the original file, but I reformatted it to date only, the CSV file opened in notepad shows no timestamp.

What was the error? Is there a workaround in 2.7.1.6?
I rather not update to 3.1 unless we really have to.
According to that fix, the problem is the date matching, so if I remove the date match until we get the update installed....
Hi Hope.

We're in a similar situation: in the process up checking IOM v3, but not quite ready to upgrade. Have you upgraded yet? If so, was this properly resolved?

Cheers,
Tom
Hello Tom,

Yes the upgrade worked Ok for us.

Kind regards
Hope
Login or Signup to post a comment