Start a new topic

Action Imports

Hello everyone,

We are currently working a on a spreadsheet template that contains solicit information that would be imported directly into a recipient's Action tab in their constituent record.

I tried to import a sample test and I can't seem to get any information that should go into the Note tab part of a constituent record. Currently, my configuration looks like

Action Notepad - Type (Cultivation Note)
Action Notepad - Description - > Field S
Action Notepad - Notes - > Field S

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Greg

I believe that Action Notepad - Author is a required field: when I left this out when creating an import to add a Note to the Action, I got this error:

Line 1: Required Field Missing: Author [Object: 'CNotepad', PK: '-1', Import ID: '', Field: 'Author', Value: '']

In the end, we set up a generic author "Omatic" and added that as a static virtual field for the author rather than trying to figure out who was running the import and using their author name.
Greg, did you get an exception message?

-Jeff
Posted By David Seeto on 04 May 2016 02:42 AM
I believe that Action Notepad - Author is a required field: when I left this out when creating an import to add a Note to the Action, I got this error:

Line 1: Required Field Missing: Author [Object: 'CNotepad', PK: '-1', Import ID: '', Field: 'Author', Value: '']

In the end, we set up a generic author "Omatic" and added that as a static virtual field for the author rather than trying to figure out who was running the import and using their author name.

Hi David,

By Default 'Action Notepad - Author' is not a required field.  It would appear based upon the exception you were receiving that you have it turned on as a required field within your RE Fields configuration.  If it was something you ever wanted to turn off you would simply need to navigate to Configuration -> Fields-> Notepad and remove the check mark next to Author under Required.  Of course there may be a very good reason your organization has it set as a required field, but to avoid confusion I wanted to be sure to make everyone aware it isn't required by default.

Posted By Jeffrey Montgomery on 04 May 2016 10:40 AM
Greg, did you get an exception message?

-Jeff

Hello Jeffrey

I actually didn't get an exception message. Everything hit the record except the Notepad info.

Posted By John Shephard on 04 May 2016 11:23 AM
Posted By David Seeto on 04 May 2016 02:42 AM

Hi David,

By Default 'Action Notepad - Author' is not a required field.  It would appear based upon the exception you were receiving that you have it turned on as a required field within your RE Fields configuration.  If it was something you ever wanted to turn off you would simply need to navigate to Configuration -> Fields-> Notepad and remove the check mark next to Author under Required.  Of course there may be a very good reason your organization has it set as a required field, but to avoid confusion I wanted to be sure to make everyone aware it isn't required by default.

Hello,

I'll try to see if our organization set that as a required field.

Thank you,

Greg

Update: So I finally was able to get information from the sample Notepad data in my CSV file into Raiser's Edge so now I went ahead and attempted to import the actual data. I am running into another exception:

Required Field Missing: Start Time [Object: 'CAction', PK: '-1', Import ID: '', Desc: 'John Smith: 5/7/2016 Meeting', Field: 'Start Time', Value: ''] -->BBREAPI.CActionClass.Save()-->ImportOM.CImport.#=qgQjGocOJMHbOWAwXkvtm6Keh6P74jk5MqMiA6ZbQQsw=(CRecord #=qiDLjo76DC3yBZDbP32DHSw==, Int32 #=qOCewxJ5wOjbnKVuOGGPVtQ==, CFieldDefaultServer #=qnyLE_nDhNOrOysT5dswNww==)-->ImportOM.CImport.Process()

Posted By Greg Usam on 04 May 2016 02:55 PM
Update: So I finally was able to get information from the sample Notepad data in my CSV file into Raiser's Edge so now I went ahead and attempted to import the actual data. I am running into another exception:

Required Field Missing: Start Time [Object: 'CAction', PK: '-1', Import ID: '', Desc: 'John Smith: 5/7/2016 Meeting', Field: 'Start Time', Value: ''] -->BBREAPI.CActionClass.Save()-->ImportOM.CImport.#=qgQjGocOJMHbOWAwXkvtm6Keh6P74jk5MqMiA6ZbQQsw=(CRecord #=qiDLjo76DC3yBZDbP32DHSw==, Int32 #=qOCewxJ5wOjbnKVuOGGPVtQ==, CFieldDefaultServer #=qnyLE_nDhNOrOysT5dswNww==)-->ImportOM.CImport.Process()

Hi Greg,

It looks like your RE is configured to have the Action Start Time as a required field.

Thanks, John.

It looks like the start time has been taken care of. I attempted to import again but got a new exception report:

Line 1: Action must be completed before a completed date is set. [Object: 'CAction', PK: '-1', Import ID: '', Desc: 'Ginger Noa:  4/11/2016  Email'] -->BBREAPI.CActionClass.Save()-->ImportOM.CImport.#=qgQjGocOJMHbOWAwXkvtm6Keh6P74jk5MqMiA6ZbQQsw=(CRecord #=qiDLjo76DC3yBZDbP32DHSw==, Int32 #=qOCewxJ5wOjbnKVuOGGPVtQ==, CFieldDefaultServer #=qnyLE_nDhNOrOysT5dswNww==)-->ImportOM.CImport.Process()

I'll go down the list and attempt to troubleshoot them myself and report back here if I hit a wall.

Thank you everyone,

Greg

Login or Signup to post a comment