Start a new topic

Creating event seating groups in import

Hello,

Is it possible to import a seating group with IOM without having already created the seating group first?  The standard Raiser's Edge import doesn't seem to allow you to do this and I haven't gotten it to work yet in IOM, but I could be doing something wrong.

Thanks.

Justin

Adam, what does the field called Group map to?
Thanks.
Hi Marie,

'Group/Seating Notes' is one of the two fields that can be mapped to in regard to seating.

Best,

Adam
I tested this and you can actually import a seating group, but the group has to already exist in the event.

Hi Marie,

That is correct, but Justin's question was "Is it possible to import a seating group with IOM without having already created the seating group first?" Unfortunately IOM does not automatically create new seating groups, but as you pointed out it can import participants to existing seating groups. If this is desired, we have an ImportOmatic UserVoice user suggestion regarding this feature, and I'd encourage anyone interested to up vote it.

Thanks,

Jeff

Hi Justin,

It is not possible to import a seating group with IOM. The available fields to map to via import in regard to seating are Do Not Seat and Group/Seating Notes.

http://omatic-importomatic.helpdocsonline.com/participant-record-types

Best,

Adam
Login or Signup to post a comment