Start a new topic

Participant Import - Guest List

Hello everyone,

I received a guest list of more than 1000 names. I was wondering if it were possible to import these names through Importomatic while matching/pulling their constituent record (if one already exists in our system based on a match) while at the same time creating new constituent records for the participants who do not already have a constituent record in our system.

I would appreciate any help you guys have.

Thank you,

Greg

Hi Greg,
Yes, that could be done. If all you have are the names, you could set up First Name and Last Name as your duplicate critieria.
The import will then try to match on the name.

Thank you for your reply.

I will test this out momentarily.

Posted By Marie Stark on 09 Sep 2015 07:17 AM
Hi Greg,
Yes, that could be done. If all you have are the names, you could set up First Name and Last Name as your duplicate critieria.
The import will then try to match on the name.

I am sorry to bother you again, but how do I import these names into an Event Record while mapping a participant's record to a constituent's record if they already have one.
I'm not confident you can do that with one import. I do something similar, but I do it with two imports. I import the people first (creating constituents if necessary), and then I extract the constituent IDs of those people to build the participant import.

Though, I'm almost certainly using an older version of IOM than you are.  It's possible you have functionality I do not.

You can do this by mapping the name fields to constituent records as usual. For new records, I have a default set that is used for newly created records that define constituent code addressee/salutation, and any other required fields.

Then, in virtual fields, add a participant column, that identifies the event ID and any other needed participant fields. I usually do one for registration as well.

If you're interested, I can post the field mapping for you to reference.
Login or Signup to post a comment