Start a new topic

Event Importing

When do you plan on supporting the Event Module in RE?

Support for this module is very "import"ant to me.

Hi Robert,

We added importing to the events module in version 1.9. The event itself must exist. IOM can import participants and their constituent and non-constituent guests. It can import gifts and link them as registration fees, as other donations, or as sponsoring pledges. Gifts that exceed the fee amount can be recorded as the full amount or as 2 gifts (one for the fee amount and one for the overage). You can learn more starting on page 61 of the User Guide.

Sue
I am running verion I-O-M 1.9.1.138 and do not see a matching field for "Event ID" to link any volunteeror participant.

I wil check out the user guide pg 61
Hi Robert,

The value type Event ID is under the record type Participant.  
How do you import a 'Registrant' as a Non-constituent? I need to be able to import registrants that do not have a constituent id. I do not want to create them as a new constituent. It seems we can't do this - or is there a way?

The only way I can think of is to import them as guests of the organizer of the event. But I would rather have them in there as non-constituent participant registrants.

Thank you!
Hi Greg,

In the field mapping there is a "Participant" field called "Paticipant is a Constituent". Try importing a value of "false" for that field, I believe that give you the desired result. If not, just let us know.

Good luck with the event!

Jeff
I have a similar question on non-constituents. Because we import from Convio and our database and Convio don't always have the same information (hoping to fix that with the connector soon!), I don't know if someone is a constituent or a non-constituent before importing. I am relying on IOM to do a check, but I don't want to create constituents where I want a non-constituent in the Event Module. I tried using the Y/N for Participant is Constituent, but when used on someone who IS a constituent - marking them N because there was no ID number in the Convio export that I import from - it made an exception instead of just creating a non-constituent relationship. What I want it to do is to create a non-constituent participant when a matching constituent isn't found in the database. Is this possible?

Hi Jeffery

I have a new computer now and in my old computer i had a customized omatic plug in in my Raisers Edge

How can I get that back on to my new computer

Earl

CCTFA/LGFB

Posted By Katie Moller on 20 Feb 2013 03:35 PM
I have a similar question on non-constituents. Because we import from Convio and our database and Convio don't always have the same information (hoping to fix that with the connector soon!), I don't know if someone is a constituent or a non-constituent before importing. I am relying on IOM to do a check, but I don't want to create constituents where I want a non-constituent in the Event Module. I tried using the Y/N for Participant is Constituent, but when used on someone who IS a constituent - marking them N because there was no ID number in the Convio export that I import from - it made an exception instead of just creating a non-constituent relationship. What I want it to do is to create a non-constituent participant when a matching constituent isn't found in the database. Is this possible?

Did anyone ever answer this? I am trying to import participants into RE but I also don't know whether or not they are full constituents. I don't want to add full constituent records if they are not already constituents, just participant records. How do we tell the import to do that?

Hi Sara,

Right now, IOM will create an exception if you import a participant with 'Participant Is a Constituent' = N and match it to an existing full constituent.  

So you can run your import in two steps - the first time importing the non-constituents and the second time importing the constituents.  

1 - Import all of your participants and use the mapping for 'Participant Is a Constituent' and set it to 'N' for everyone - this could be set in a virtual field rather than adding it to the file if you like.  Anyone who is not matched to an existing constituent will be imported as a new non-constituent participant.  Anyone who is matched to an existing constituent will create an exception and not import.

2 - Import again using the exceptions file instead of the original file.  Remove the virtual field or set it to ignore the 'Participant Is a Constituent' field.  Match these people to their constituent records - they will import as constituent participants.

Sue

Login or Signup to post a comment