Start a new topic

Updated to IOM 3 profiles disappeared

Hi

I have updated to v 3 today and all of the profiles have gone - can you help?  Our dictionaries are still there.

Thanks

Andrea

Hi Andrea,

Did you update all workstations that use IOM today? Will you also double check that there isn't still an old version of IOM on someone's computer?

Thank you,
Amanda
Omatic Software
Hi Amanda

I have stopped colleagues from updating because we are concerned those that have updated can no longer see the profiles. I have some back up files but I cannot see how to load these into the new system.

Thanks
Andrea
Hi Andrea,

Typically we see this when there's still an old version of IOM (earlier than 1.9.2) and someone opens it. Will you double check that this isn't the case? If not, will you please reach out to our support team at support@omaticsoftware.com so we can investigate further? We will then post the resolution here.

This Knowledgebase article describes how to import profiles back in to IOM.

Thanks,
Amanda
Omatic Software
Hi Amanda

No we don't have any users with 1.9.2 or earlier. I have opened a support case so hopefully will get some response soon.
Thanks
Andrea
Unfortunately the link you gave to knowledgebase article cannot help; I have imported profiles into previous versions of IOM using this method but because I cannot follow step three of 'highlighting an existing profile' because they have all vanished. I have tried to create a dummy profile to enable me to continue but this also does not work, I can load a file but all actions are greyed out and not editable.

Andrea
Andrea,

You should be getting notification via the case system but I believe this problem is now resolved. Could you try to use IOM again and let us know if you are still having issues?
Also, you will need to restart RE in order to see the fix.
Hi Nic, I haven't had an update on the open case it still states 'waiting on development' however I did restart RE and the profiles have reappeared.
Thank you for helping so swiftly.
Andrea
Login or Signup to post a comment