Start a new topic

Constituent/Gift/Event Participant Import

Hi,

I have mapped all of my data fields to those in IOM, however I keep getting an error saying 'Required Field Missing' even though that field is mapped. Any obvious solutions?

Cheers, Helen 

Hi Helen,

I am sorry you are encountering this error! In order to properly assist you with this particular issue, I will need to examine the following files: error.txt file, data file, and the IOM profile being used for this import. Please send these files to Support@omaticsoftware.com so that I can better assist you with your issue. When I have a resolution, I will post to this thread.

To send your IOM profile, please follow these steps:

* Go to IOM Configuration
* Highlight the name of the profile you are using
* Right click on it and choose to export
* Send the .xml file that is created
* It will be named in this fashion: IOM_Profile_Export_.xml

Thanks!
Amanda
Omatic Support
I have a similar problem, where Constituent A donating towards Constituent B, who is taking part in an Event. I have all of the details required to create a gift, plus the Import IDs of both constituents.

I'd like to create a single import profile that makes Constituent A a Participant in the Event, creates the Gift for Constituent B, and soft credits their Gift to Constituent A as a Participant in the Event.

I've been able to create an import that makes Constituent A a Participant in the Event (Constituent Field / Import ID plus Participant / Event ID) and I've been able to create an import that creates the Gift for Constituent B with a Soft Credit to Constituent A (Constituent Field / Import ID plus Gift Field / Soft Credit - Constituent Import ID), but in the two cases, a different Import ID is being referenced as the Constituent Field / Import ID.

I've tried choosing "Link Gift information to Participant record as Other Donations" option button and ticking the "Soft Credit Participant for linked Gifts from other donors" checkbox in the Participants --> Gift Linking navigation section in the Configuration and making the Import ID for Constituent A the Constituent Field / Import ID and the Import ID for Constituent B the Participant / Sponsor Constituent ID, but this gives me the error "Only a sponsor can sponsor a registrant".

If I can't figure this out, I am going to have to run the first import Outputing the Participant Import ID and then run that through a second Import that explicitly links the Gift to that Participant as per this post and this post. And that is then going to give me problems with the other records in the file that are individual donations not related to an event, because the Event Registration import will make those Exceptions and I will end up needing a separate Import for them as well.

I'd appreciate any advice people can offer - thanks!

Login or Signup to post a comment