Start a new topic

Non-constituent child to alumni constituent on import

Is it possible to promote a non-constituent child on a parent's record to an alumni constituent record on import of the graduating class of alumni?

Hi Therese,

Unfortunately ImportOmatic is unable to promote relationships during import at this time. You can add a suggestion to our UserVoice site for consideration in a future release of IOM.

We also have The Elevator which allows you to promote non-constituent relationships in groups. Please let me know if you would be interested in hearing more about The Elevator.

Thank you,
Amanda
Omatic Software

So is it possible then to just add these instead of records then instead of matching and updating non-constituent relationships?
Hi Therese,

You could import them as new records, but then you would end up with duplicates.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thank you,
Amanda
Omatic Software
Hi Therese,

You could import them as new records, but then you would end up with duplicates.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thank you,
Amanda
Omatic Software
So what box do I check to import them as new records? (I am having trouble getting into the e-Learning library and this is my first import alone.)

Hi Therese,

Your account has been updated so you can now access the eLearning Library.

If IOM doesn't find a match, then a new record will automatically be added. If IOM does find a potential match you can either match to the existing record or select to Add as New Record. The options on the duplicate match screen are described in this Knowledgebase solution.

Thank you,
Amanda
Omatic Software

Login or Signup to post a comment