Start a new topic

Updating Individual Relationships

Hi all!

I'm trying to update the contact type on Individual Relationship records, but I'm running into a problem.  I thought I needed to map the Individual Relationship ImpID, however I don't see that field under Individual Relationship, I only see the the Constituent ImpID and most of these Ind Rels are not constituents.  I'm really at a loss on what fields to choose and how to map this out.  It seemed like such an easy task before I actually got into it.

So, basically I have a query which selects Ind. Relationship Contact Type = Active (this is what I need to change to Primary) whose last gift was from FY14 or FY15.  The RE Import guide states the Relationship Import ID is required to update existing records; Last Name is required conditionally (I have that in my file).

Any guidance is appreciated.

Barbara

Hi Barbara,

One of the new features in IOM version 3.0, which we released yesterday, is the ability to match existing relationships using the relationship import ID.

You can find the link to install 3.0 here. Open the attached zip file at the bottom of the post and run the setup.exe file while signed out of RE. Please note that all IOM users will need to update at the same time.

If you are unable to install the latest version you can use the relationship's first and last name to match. Make sure you also have the main constituent to whom they are related in the file. For example, if you're updating Wendy Hernandez's record you will need to include Robert Hernandez in your file. Robert will be mapped using the record type Constituent Field and Wendy will be mapped using the record type Individual Relationship.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thank you,
Amanda
Omatic Software

Thanks Amanda. I decided to do it the "old RE way"! But I'll definitely upgrade to Version 3 for next time.
Barbara
Login or Signup to post a comment