Start a new topic

RG Amendments

Hi All

Hoping someone could help.

We have recently upgraded to the new version of IOM 3.1.0.3 (from 2.9.4)

I was looking at changing one of our profiles for a  Telemarketing file, and want to use the RG Amendment fields to update existing RG's 

We have multiple RG gifts on some records where people have restarted more than once, and want to match the RG Amendment fields to the RG GIft Import ID so the correct details are updated.  How can we specify the RG gift for this function? When i Choose RG Amendment, it only gives me the fields that have the option of updating.

Thanks

Erin

Hi Erin,

You will map the RG gift import ID to Record Type = RG Amendment and Value Type = Gift Import ID:

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thank you,
Amanda
Omatic Software

Hi Amanda

Thanks for this. I did find that field, and used it to map. However, I got this error when importing. When I removed the RG Amendment, the import went in (we are trying to update an old RG to completed, and add a new RG at the same time)

Line 2: Field is read only: Currency Country [Object: 'CGift', PK: '-1', Import ID: '', Desc: '27/10/2015 Amendment $0.00 - Gail Anzani', Field: 'Currency Country', Value: 'AU'] -->System.ThrowHelper.ThrowInvalidOperationException(ExceptionResource resource)-->System.Nullable`1.op_Explicit(Nullable`1 value)-->#=qO9vYdosR2wX2l3rjmGdV1gJHcC$WLIGh0o_rgIrHU6E=.#=qXyJeYqfvjzD9TYYvl9KgMuK9FwzIEays5r4HAyj$aHQ=(CRecord #=qDSrRj2H4UNQpcLi2oauOaA==, IBBConstitUIHelper #=qlwvo7I5KH15fh2LeWiNDgg==, String[] #=qO15ofpFdfYCBIveDZqS58w==, Int32 #=q97R8nYXj_w1l2Dlvq5o66w==)-->#=qO9vYdosR2wX2l3rjmGdV1gJHcC$WLIGh0o_rgIrHU6E=.#=qP12LDdJr$e

Are there fields in the RG amendment that are required to update an existing RG? Where would I find this list? I looked in the user guide but it didnt state anything like that.

Ta
Erin

Hi Erin,

This Knowledgebase article describes how to import RG Amendments. In addition to the original gift's id or import id, you will need to include the pieces of the gift found under Amendment (fund, amount, etc). If these pieces aren't included then they will become blank.

I will take a closer look at this currency country error you're seeing.

Thank you,
Amanda
Omatic Software

Thanks Amanda.

Could you just confirm for me - if a field in the amendment is blank (i.e. Notes) if we don't need to update a blank field - i.e. amendment notes - can we leave the field out of the import, or do we have to add the field to the import (and just leave blank)?

Also, if i have a file with only some that have updates and others that don't, if I import them together will that work or would I have to do two separate imports (i was hoping to reduce the amount of imports I currently do but if i cant import the two different groups together theres no point in changing our current processes).

Hi Erin,

You don't need to include something that's already blank and you don't need it. So you don't have to include a column for Notes.

Are the regular gifts in different columns, separate from the amendments? If so, you can import these at the same time. But if amount for an amendment and amount for a new gift is in the same column you wouldn't be able to map it for each.

Thank you,
Amanda
Omatic Software
Hi Amanda.

The file has the old Regular Gift details ( I would be changing the status from Terminated to Completed Only) and also anyone who has signed up for a new Regular Gift.

The thing is in the import file I will have a mixture of people who have restarted their Regular Gift (and need their old RG status changed) and those who have not restarted their RG (and not need anything changed).

If I leave the old RG details blank for those who haven't restarted, will they be spat out as an exception, or will it just skip those blank lines (like an address update - update where data is in field, and dont where the fields are blank).

Thanks
Erin

Hi Erin,

If your file is set up similar to this, then yes the blank lines will skip and not create exceptions:

The key is that the two different types of gifts are separate so that they can be mapped differently.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thank you,
Amanda
Omatic Software

PS we're still looking at the currency country issue. Stay tuned!

Thanks Amanda, will test and let you know if I have any further questions

Thanks so much for your help :)
Login or Signup to post a comment