Start a new topic

duplicate constituents

Sorry if this is a beginner question - that's my current user level! I'm not sure why I am getting duplicate constituents when I choose 'Match to Selected'.

This is what I have set up for Duplicate Search:

Thanks for your help!

Joan

Hi Joan,

You're selecting Match to Selected Record here, and getting a duplicate? So in this example you end up with another record for Rob Hernandez?

Amanda
Omatic Software

yes, that's what happened.

I tried something else today and ended up with similar questions which I've included along with screen shots in the attached document.

Thanks for your help!

Joan

pdf
Hi Joan,

I see that the Organization's address is slightly different. I also see that your duplicate criteria set for Organizations includes Org name and Address - this is why you aren't seeing the possible duplicates and IOM is adding the record as new.

Each field of the duplicate criteria set is treated with an "And" operator. In this case, the record would need to match on Org name AND Address. Because the address is different, it was not seen as a duplicate. You could either bring the address criteria down from 50 characters to 10 or so, or you can uncheck that criteria set from your profile and instead select the one that is just Org name. You could also check both of them. When you check more than one criteria set they are treated with an "Or" operator. In that case the record would need to match on Org name AND Address OR just Org name.

Regarding the record being created when you are selecting "Match to Selected Record", will you please send an email to support@omaticsoftware.com so that we can take a look at that more closely with you?

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thank you,
Amanda
Omatic Software
Thanks Amanda - I've changed those settings and will give it another try.

The next time I use the "Match to Selected..." I'll take some screen shots as well and send the email to support@ as you suggest.

Thanks again - Joan
Login or Signup to post a comment