Start a new topic

Importing Recurring Donations

Currently, my organization imports online gifts from Blackbaud Sphere/Kintera into Raiser's Edge. Gifts are placed into a batch, but on the 1st of each month, recurring donors are lumped in with all the other donations with no distinction. This means that in Batch, unless the donor is re-populated prompt the recurring gift question, recurring donors are overlooked and the donation isn't applied to their recurrent gift. Currently, we have to comb through each donation on the 1st of the month to catch all recurring donations but this is time consuming. Plus, with our goals to grow the recurring donation program, our manual process will eventually become unsustainable.

Is there a way to automate this process? I notice on IOM configuration that I have an option to include a Recurring Gift ID, but when importing from Kintera, this info is not present and wouldn't be unless Kintera populates that field automatically. 

Thanks in advance for your help!

1 Comment

Hi Joanne,

You can select the option, "Automatically apply gifts to pledges and recurring gifts" when you commit the batch. You can also specify to "Only apply gifts to pledges and recurring gifts with the same fund(s)" if needed.

This will apply the payments to recurring gifts and commit regular one-time gifts at the same time.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thank you,
Amanda
Omatic Support

Login or Signup to post a comment