Start a new topic

Importing Notes in IOM

Good afternoon everyone!

I'm trying to import notes through IOM but not all of our records have notes. That being said is there a way to setup Importomatic to add notes when they are present in a record and not add any notes when they are not present. I am currently able to add the notes, but its creating a "blank" note for records that don't have any notes assigned to them. I hope this makes sense.

If you have any ideas on how to make this work I'm all ears.

Thank you for your help!

Matt

I'm running into the same issue, so I'm curious if anyone has a solution to this. I want to import a constituent note, if it exists on the file to be imported, but not add blank notes for other records.

Is there a way to do this using Dictionaries?

Hi Leah,

Yes, this solution will provide you with directions regarding setting up your virtual fields:

https://omaticsoftware.freshdesk.com/solution/articles/28000007825-how-to-use-virtual-fields-to-populate-a-field-only-when-data-is-populated-in-the-source-file-field

Best,

Kristen Gajdica

Thank you, just what I was looking for!

This dictionary had been working out perfectly, but now it's been causing errors on rows where a constituent note exists. The error is saying that the Data is too long for the Note Type field. The default for the Note Type is just "General". There weren't any changes to the profile, but it just stopped working about a month ago. Any ideas?

It sounds like the mapping got changed somehow and it's trying to put the notes into the Note Type.  Just a guess, it's worth double checking your mapping.

Thanks,

John

Login or Signup to post a comment