Start a new topic

If constituent code exists then ignore?

Hello,

I've been trying to find a solution to an issue I'm having and I haven't been able to find it on the forums as of yet.  The issue basically comes down to this:

I'm importing donations and using IOM to match to pre-existing constituents if available, if not it's generating new constituents and importing the gift onto the constituent files.

The issue I'm having is if I'm importing a new constituent I want to import a constituent code of "Individual" onto the file, but if there is already a pre-existing record (which already has a constituent code) I'd like IOM to not import a constituent code and not update the already existing constituent code.

Hi Krishna,

You can use a Raisers Edge default set for these constituent codes. In your IOM profile you can specify that default set to only apply to new records.

This Knowledgebase solution describes how to set up a default set.

In your IOM profile, you can then apply that default set in the Defaults area.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thank you,
Amanda
Omatic Support

We've had trouble setting the "constituent code date from" when using default sets, we could set it to a static date but we really need that date to be today's date.
Hi Krishna,

How are you mapping the constituent code date from? Do you have this in either Field Map or Virtual Fields? Or are you using the checkbox under Constituents, Default new constituent code date to date processing?

Try using the processing rules option under Constituents as this will also only apply to new constituent codes. Test with one or two rows and let me know if it's still updating the existing constituent codes.

Thank you,
Amanda
Omatic Support
The other thing to try (disclaimer: this is from memory) is to type "current system date" in the date from box within the default set.
Posted By Tom Wright on 12 Jan 2015 05:09 AM
The other thing to try (disclaimer: this is from memory) is to type "current system date" in the date from box within the default set.

This worked brilliantly, thank you very much!
can you speak to the solicit code portion of this area? If we want to add solicit codes to the constituent import, we would like the software to only update items that do not already exist on the record. We have solicit codes showing up multiple times somehow, when the import is complete. there is no "ignore" feature if the solicit code already exists on the record. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Login or Signup to post a comment