Start a new topic

Event Module - Gift Linking

We would like to make sure we are using all features available for gift linking in the Event Module through Importomatic. Currently we have to manually go back and assign registration fees and units and we were wondering if there is a way to build a dictionary to handle these for us?

Hi Katie,

The registration fee amount and unit isn't in your file? If not, you can definitely create dictionaries to translate some other value in your file to your amount and unit information.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thank you,
Amanda
Omatic Support
Hi Amanda, yes -- the amount is, but the unit varies. Is this something that needs to be handled with dictionaries?
I think I see what you're getting at, but I'm not sure what to do -- I have 4 Registration Unit types in the import file, but our import file does not include the fees or the unit number. Can you help me set that up? I think it is a virtual field or dictionary maybe?
Hi Katie,

For the fees, you can create a dictionary to translate the unit type to the fee amount.

Then you'll create a virtual field to copy that unit type and then apply the dictionary.

Will the number of units always be 1? If not, how is this determined? If it is 1 for everybody, then you can create a virtual field with a function of static field.

As an example, let's say the unit type is in column A and everyone will have a count of 1. Here's how your virtual fields will look:

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thank you,
Amanda
Omatic Support

Yes - Unit will always be one.

I am trying to create the value to match on. We have the same fee for a few different Reg Units (Virtual Participation and the 5k Walk are both free), and it is telling me I can only use $0.00 once as a match. I'm not sure I understand this.

Note: I think I figured this out

Here is the error I am getting at import: Line 1: Input string was not in a correct format. -->Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ParseDouble(String Value, NumberFormatInfo NumberFormat)-->Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToDouble(String Value, NumberFormatInfo NumberFormat)

Hi Katie,

For this dictionary, the Values to match on will be your unit and the Replacement values will be the fee amount.

Thank you,
Amanda
Omatic Support

Tried this and now getting this error:
Line 1: Input string was not in a correct format. -->Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ParseDouble(String Value, NumberFormatInfo NumberFormat)-->Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToInteger(String Value)
Hi Katie,

Thank you for those screenshots. It appears that the dictionaries are set up correctly.

In order to properly assist you with this particular error, I will need to examine the following files: error.txt file, data file, and the IOM profile being used for this import. Please send these files to Support@omaticsoftware.com so that I can better assist you with your issue. When I have a resolution, I will post to this thread.

To send your IOM profile, please follow these steps:

* Go to IOM Configuration
* Highlight the name of the profile you are using
* Right click on it and choose to export
* Send the .xml file that is created
* It will be named in this fashion: IOM_Profile_Export_.xml

Thanks!
Amanda
Omatic Support
Hi Katie,

Thank you again for sending over your files.

In this case we needed to add a few more variations to the dictionary so that the value was properly translating to the fee amount. Once we had these all set up the file imported as desired.

Thank you,
Amanda
Omatic Support
Login or Signup to post a comment