Start a new topic

Advanced Address Processing + Address Attribute

Hi guys,

I have been getting this exception when using the Advanced Address Processing form: "Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

This only happens when the AAP form pops-up and I click "Ignore". There is no exception when the Address Attribute field is empty.

I am on version 2.3.0.11, is this a known bug for this version? Has anyone come across this problem?

Thanks,

Hero

Hi Hero,

We are addressing this error in the next version of ImportOmatic.

Are you importing address attributes to the address? If so, you'll choose "Update selected" in the Advanced Address Processing screen.

Otherwise, you can set the column(s) with the attribute(s) to Ignore for now. In the next version, if you choose to Ignore the new address information you won't get an error and the attribute won't be added.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thank you,
Amanda
Omatic Support
Hi Amanda,

I am actually importing gifts, but we also have the constituent information mapped as well (for constituent matching since our import files don't have ID's). In the profile, the Address Attribute is actually just a virtual field which is populated by a script (AfterConstituentOpen). I have tested it without the script to make sure it's not my script which is making the exception.

I will try moving my script to "BeforeConstituentSave", get rid of the virtual field, and just add/update the attribute directly using the API. This will avoid the AAP form from having to deal with address attributes.

Thanks,
Hero

Hi Hero,

I apologize for the inconvenience with this issue. It is already fixed in the version scheduled for release in December.

I'm glad to hear you're using the IOM API! I hope you'll share some of your work in the IOM API forum.

Thanks,

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

I got my workaround to work. That should be good for now :)

I can't seem to access the API forum, do I need to request access to it?

Thanks,
Hero
Hi Hero, 

The API forum was restricted to those that had rights to download ImportOmatic updates, but we have removed that restriction. Please give it another shot. We look forward to seeing your input on the API forum! 

Jeff
Thanks Jeff, I will definitely check it out!
Login or Signup to post a comment