Start a new topic

Virtual Fields keep moving

Hi

We have a problem with our profiles where the virtual fields keep moving to the general and therefore not working - there does not seem an easy way of putting them back and therefore hours of work is lost and having to be recreated periodically.  My PC was recently upgraded to Windows 7 but we have users on both Windows 7 and Windows XP and none of us are able to use any of our profiles because of this issue.

Can you help?

Thank you.

Andrea

Hello Andrea,

It sounds like you have mixed versions of ImportOmatic running at the same time. Someone with an older version of IOM (it would be before 2.0 when virtual fields was introduced) is using your profile to import. This is causing the virtual fields to move to the Field Map area. This issue was addressed in February 2012, so you'll receive a pop up alerting you that this workstation is running an older version of IOM and must be updated.

Go around and find all workstations that are running the older version of IOM and uninstall it. Then install either the version you currently have (if you still have the zip file on hand), or everyone will update to IOM 2.3.

It's also not a bad idea to occasionally export your profile to keep a backup copy on hand. To export the profile:

* IOM Configuration
* Profiles tab
* Highlight the profile you are using
* Right click on its name and choose to export
* It will be named in this fashion: IOM_Profile_Export_ .xml

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you,
Amanda
Omatic Support

Hi Amanda

Thanks for your help, we have now upgraded everyone and hopefully this will solve the issue. I was wondering (on the back of this problem) if there was a way you can export a profile and store it somewhere to save losing the work? And also is there an easier way of updating several machines centrally when a new update is released?

Thanks for your help
Andrea
Hi Andrea,

I'm glad to hear that everyone is up-to-date on the latest version.

Yes, you can export your profiles and save them locally. To export the profile:

* IOM Configuration
* Profiles tab
* Highlight the profile you are using
* Right click on its name and choose to export
* It will be named in this fashion: IOM_Profile_Export_ .xml

Then to import them back in to IOM:

* Hold down CTRL and right click on an existing profile
* Import a new profile from XML

ImportOmatic is a per-workstation download. If you aren't already subscribed to the ImportOmatic Updates forum, you can do that by checking the box just above the word "Topics". Then you'll receive an email when a new version is released, and that should help in scheduling a time to update everyone.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thank you,
Amanda
Omatic Support
Login or Signup to post a comment