Start a new topic

Attribute - phone type or address?

I  want to set the phone/email options (under Addresses on the profile settings) to "update existing" and "move old value to an Attribute".  However, I can't find where to add a new attribute & make it appear in the drop-down for IOM settings.  I've added an Address attribute, but it doesn't show up in the drop-down.  What type of attribute does it need to be?  Constituent attributes aren't appearing in the drop-down either.  I'm stumped......

Hi Dovie,

The address attribute needs to be a table-based attribute. Then the table you'll use is your "Phone Types" table.

Please let me know if you have any other questions!

Thanks,
Amanda
Omatic Support
I have a lot of values in my Phone Types table, but they do NOT appear in the dropdown. Anyway, that would just change it to another phone type - those are not attributes, are they?
Hi Dovie,

You'll choose the actual attribute you created in RE-->Config-->Attributes-->Address in the drop down. You'll assign the phone types table to the attribute you create for the old phone/email.

Then when IOM moves the old phone or email to the address attribute, the Description will be the phone type from the constituent's record, and the old phone number or email address will be populated in the Comments.

Please let me know if you have any other questions!

Thank you,
Amanda
Omatic Support

Understanding that the attribute could link to an existing table - even one that is used elsewhere - WOW, what a revelation. Thank you - that worked like a charm. I tested it immediately, but am just now getting to update the discussion with my THANK YOU.
Login or Signup to post a comment