Start a new topic

Removing Volunteer Checklist items from records

Hi all, 

Hoping someone can provide me with some ideas to help a colleague.  We use the RE Volunteer module extensively in 4 databases.  We have over 3000+ records that require us to remove a number of specific checklist items from the volunteer constituent records.  

Not sure if anyone has an ideas how to accomplish this using IOM. 

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Scott

1 Comment

Hi Scott, 

I think this would be pretty easy to do with the ImportOmatic API. In the code editor, just change the BeforeConstituentSave() event to look like this: 

Public Overrides Sub BeforeConstituentSave(ByVal oRec As Blackbaud.PIA.RE7.BBREAPI.CRecord, Cancel as ImportOM.API.iCancel) 
   Dim i As Integer = 0 
   Dim count As Integer = oRec.Volunteer.ChecklistItems.Count 
   Dim DescFld as Integer = Blackbaud.PIA.RE7.BBREAPI.EVolChecklistItemFields.VolChecklistItem_fld_DESCRIPTION
   'Normally would use for each, but removing items from collection as you iterate through throws off the "for each" count 
   'RE collections are 1 based 
   For i = count To 1 Step -1 
      If oRec.Volunteer.ChecklistItems.Item(i).Fields(DescFld) = "My Checklist Item Name" Then 
         oRec.Volunteer.ChecklistItems.Remove(oRec.Volunteer.ChecklistItems.Item(i)) 
      End If 
   Next 
End Sub 

Then change "My Checklist Item Name" to the item description(s) you want removed. Just export a list of IDs for the constituents you want to process, then "import" through this profile (though no new data will be imported). Let us know if that doesn't do the trick. 

Shane
Login or Signup to post a comment