Start a new topic

Spouse Exception

I have a large number of files that need to be entered due to a merge with a smaller organization.  I have set up a profile and am able to get most everything I want to process over.  I am having trouble setting up the information to enter spouse name/information.  Any individual with a spouse is getting the following exception: Required Field Missing: Constituent Code [Object: 'CRecord', PK: '?', Import ID: '?', Desc: '?', Field: 'Constituent Code']

I do not have a long background working with profiles and am unsure where I went wrong.  I have the following information mapped in my profile:

Spouse Prefix -> Individual Relationship -> Title 1

Spouse First -> Individual Relationship -> First Name

Spouse Last -> Individual Relationship -> Last Name

All are marked with Group #1, which is assigned to Treat individual relationship in group #1 as spouse on the Individual Relationships screen. 

If anyone could provide basic instruction on entering spouse information into Importomatic it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jennifer

It seems like you might be trying to make spouses as full constituents instead of non-constituents.

There is an option to create relationships as non-constituent records if they are not found, make sure that it checked.
Hi Jennifer,

If you are wanting to import the spouse as a full constituent then you'll need to include the constituent code.

You can add a virtual field for the constituent code, and then import your exception file. The exception file will consist of the rows that did not import.

In your IOM profile, click on Virtual Fields. Right click in the white space and choose "Insert Virtual Column" and map with:

Field Name = (enter the constituent code you would like to apply to the spouse)
Record Type = Individual Relationship
Value Type = Constituent Code
Group # = 1
Function = Static Field (Field name)

This will apply the constituent code you typed in the field name to each row.

You'll find the exception file in the same location where you have your error file saving. You can find this location in your IOM profile under Output--> Files.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thank you,
Amanda
Omatic Support
Thank you for your help! I was able to get it working. I knew I must have been missing something, but staring at it longer wasn't making much progress.
I am having another issue setting up my profile, and I thought you two might be able to give me some guidance on this issue as well. We would like to mark all files that are imported with an attribute to easily distinguish them from our current donors. When I set up the Constituent Attribute on the profile, I have it as follows:

Column:
AP
Field Name:
Donor Category (blank field in .csv)
Record Type:
Constituent Attribute- Category
Value Type:
(blank)

Column:
AQ
Field Name:
Description (Column in .csv with "Choices Giftworks" entered, which is the attribute we created in RE to distinguish these donors)
Record Type
Constituent Attribute- Description
Value Type
Import ID

Column:
AR
Field Name:
Comment (blank field in .csv)
Record Type
Constituent Attribute- Comment
Value Type
Field AQ (refers to field with the attribute "Choices Giftworks" in it, this is the attribute we created in RE to identify these donors)

Column:
AS
Field Name:
Description Date (column in .csv with today's date entered)
Record Type
Constituent Attribute- Description
Value Type
Import ID

Column:
AT
Field Name:
Date (blank field in .csv)
Record Type
Constituent Attribute- Date
Value Type
Field AS (refers to field with today's date written in as 03/04/2014)

The error I am getting is as follows:
Line 1: Invalid Code table entry: Description [Object: 'CAttribute', PK: '-2', Import ID: '', Desc: '03/04/2014', Field: 'Description', Value: '03/04/2014'] -->BBREAPI.CRecordClass.Save()-->#=q15DfHjD12nLU$O8N$eiFuv6UOSec53tX$yAuuJN1DBQ=.#=qHyGmxuBQtTneBHXda1v_4g==()

I am unclear as to how to set the attributes up and was going based off of my intuition, but it appears I am missing something. I have tried a few other options but this seems to be as close as I can get it. If you could provide some insight it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Jennifer
LSSCO
Hi Jennifer,

The column for the attribute category is blank in your file? If so, you don't need to map that column and can change the Record Type to Ignore. Because you're importing to the same attribute category you can specify the category in the Value Type with the description. You'll specify the category in the Value Type for column AQ.

You'll want to change the mapping on column AS to Record Type = Constituent Attribute - Date and Value Type = Field AQ

Finally, you can set column AT to Ignore because you have the date in column AS.

The current mapping is trying to import the date you have in column AS as an attribute description, and this is what the error is referring to. After adjusting the mapping, you should be able to import without error.

Thank you,
Amanda
Omatic Support
Thank you, I was just overthinking it and confusing myself. With your directions I was able to get everything running again. Thank you again, it is really appreciated to help get our profile set up just right to streamline this import process for us.

Jennifer
LSSCO
Login or Signup to post a comment