Start a new topic

Resolving a "type mismatch" error

Hi all,

Have just added a few static fields to a profile (which worked before) and now get an error for each record.

Line 1: Type mismatch -->BBREAPI.CGiftClass.Save()-->#=q8ewjuR167MPG1NKDGdOVfZj8OFlHN0pfocoICyxTrsM=.#=qSMtR$UvMvZ_Zx4qVWI7nRQ==(Int32 #=qk$JuZoFN6u14R6sUuRXHwg==, CFieldDefaultServer #=qTBMt$koxZLTc4BWkK7q1Gw==, Int32 #=qTi5okLD7nxjyCEYXg07lFw==, Int32 #=qy4Yu_yyV22tem$tnNpYXuw==, Int32 #=qrlp6ku4K6A5GMwyOh9x66w==, IBBConstitUIHelper #=qpLGDWXlAG7Gz2aSiMKGnzg==, String #=qWTDHIK7s9Bchc0AnCsXUeA==, Int32& #=qSZ2hFEqxdmbUwd_hiODDoJqnZlzOq3pqdLrqm6OCpxk=, StreamWriter&

Not a particularly helpful error message, I'm sure you'll agree. Anyone know what causes this and how we might fix it?

Cheers,
Tom

Hi Tom,

I am sorry you are encountering a more complicated issue! In order to properly assist you with this particular issue, I will need to examine the following files: the data file, the error.txt, and the IOM profile being used for this import. Please send these files to Support@omaticsofstware.com so that I can better assist you with your issue. When I have a resolution, I will post to this thread.

To send your IOM profile, please follow these steps:

* Go to IOM Configuration
* Highlight the name of the profile you are using
* Right click on it and choose to export
* Send the .xml file that is created
* It will be named in this fashion: IOM_Profile_Export_.xml

Thanks!
Amanda
Omatic Support
It looks like you are trying to assign a string when it is expecting a number (or vice versa?)

Generally you want to go back to a profile that works and then add each static field one at a time until you find the one that doesn't work. I bet it has something to do with maybe a dollar amount that you are entering as a static value (which is considered a text string) or something like that.
Thanks Wayne. The static fields I added were:

* Gift Field - Reference
* Gift Field - Type
* Gift Field - Pay Method
* Gift Field - Letter Code

They all look like they ought to expect a string, but perhaps I'm mistaken?
Those do look like they are strings!

I guess Omatic will have to help on this one :)

Another suggestion might be to use a gift default set to set those? I'm not sure if you use them now but in IOM you can indicate an RE default set to apply to all new gifts so that you don't need to put them into your profile.

The major difference is that putting the values in the profile will overwrite existing values whereas the default set will only change the values that are blank.
Wayne it looks like you were right. Amanda had a look at my file and noticed that my dictionaries were jumbled up, so that my sort number (akin to a US routing number) was being messed up.

Because sort codes aren't evaluated unless the gift type is a direct debit, it seemed like the issue was with one of the four static fields, but in actual fact these were just exposing an earlier mistake.

My thanks to both of you for your kind help!

Tom
Login or Signup to post a comment