Start a new topic

Is it posible to update a phone type?

I have a list of email addresses which we need to change the phone type from one value to another.  How do I setup the template to do this?  Whenever I choose Constituent Id, Address Import ID, Phone Number and then set the phone type to be a static value, IOM ends up adding a new phone phone, instead of matching to the existing one.

Thanks

Hi Zack,

Unfortunately IOM isn't able to update just the type at this time. There is a UserVoice suggestion, which you can add another vote to.

Are you wanting to update the same phone type to another same type (for example, updating Phone 1 to Phone 2 for a certain group of records)? If so, you can use our *free* DBA Toolkit in AppOmatic to do this. You can learn more about the DBA Toolkit here.

Also, this is something that could very likely be accomplished by the IOM API during import. If you have a resource that can program in Visual Basic (vb.net) then they would be able to write this customization for you. If you do not have such a resource, we can provide this customization as a service.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you,
Amanda
Omatic Support

AppOmatic with the DBA toolkit are fantastic....thanks for developing them and giving them to us for free!
Login or Signup to post a comment