Start a new topic

Link existing memberships to existing gifts

Is it possible to link existing gifts in RE with existing memberships? I have an export of all the gifts and their gift id's, I can not figure out what other information i would need in order to link them the memberships on the constituent record and how to link them. Thanks!

Hi Amy,

It is definitely an introductory course to the IOM API, but it assumes the attendees have had some sort of scripting/coding/development work in the past. If you've at least written Excel macros, MS Access Forms, VB script, or even javascript then you should have the foundations for what is needed. If not... well... every programmer wrote their first line of code somewhere, why not in the IOM API?  (on a test database, of course!!  :-)

Jeff

Outstanding! Thank you!
Hi Chris,

I just updated your account so you should be able to access the API forum now.

Thanks,
Amanda
Omatic Support
Thanks Amanda and Jeff for the info. I have registered for the webinar. In the meantime, I was going to look around in the API forum, but I don't have access. How do I go about acquiring that?

Thanks again for all the assistance. Greatly appreciated! Chris

Hi Chris,

You're in luck! Omatic happens to hosting a webinar introduction to the ImportOmatic API this Thursday at 2pm Eastern/11am Pacific. See the event page here for more information:   http://www.omaticsoftware.com/Event...fault.aspx

I hope you can join us!

Thanks,

Jeff

Hi Chris,

You can access the API by going to Virtual Fields in your profile and then the Launch Code Editor button in the bottom right corner.

We also have an API forum. In the top link you'll find documentation and a demonstration video. You can get lots of ideas of what you can do with the API.

Thank you,
Amanda
Omatic Support

Thanks for the info! 

How would I go about getting access to the API? I know a good deal of visual basic, so it would be interesting to see if I could program this and possibly a few other things that we currently think aren't possible through import-o-matic. 

Thanks again!

Hi Chris,

Unfortunately that is not currently available in ImportOmatic. I would encourage you to add the suggestion to our UserVoice site.

This is also something that could very likely be accomplished by the IOM API. If you have a resource that can program in Visual Basic (VB/VBA) then they would be able to write this customization for you. If you do not have such a resource, we can provide this customization as a service.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you,
Amanda
Omatic Support

Login or Signup to post a comment