Start a new topic

Finder Files

I have question relating to Finder Files and Importomatic. We have had some staffing changes, putting me in a new position without much internal support after the departure of our former employee who worked with Importomatic. We are looking at utilizing Finder Files in our upcoming acquisition. Our former employee mentioned that he thought there was a way to use Finder Files in Importomatic, however I am not seeing any applications of that idea. My understanding is that we would need to update our file via connecting it to the Finder File to add in address and other biographical information prior to import. However, he seemed to think there was a way to do it all at once. We have not done this in the past, so it may have been a misunderstanding on his part, but I wanted to see if anyone had any recommendations regarding Finder Files and Importomatic and if that was even a possibility. Thank You! Jen Martin Lutheran Social Services
1 Comment

Hi Jen,

IF:

1. You are importing Gifts

AND

2. You have valid BBDM Finder Numbers in your file

AND

3. You map the column containing the Finder Numbers to: Gift Fields--->Finder Number

AND

4. You have the checkbox in General Settings of your profile selected to "Use BBDM for Finder Number"

THEN

During the import, Constituent biographical data will be updated/created based on the data in BBDM.

It is important to note that any Biographical information mapped in the import profile will be ignored in this case, and the updates to existing records are automatic.

If all the conditions above are met, then the import can also create new constituent records based on the BBDM Finder Number.

Hope this is helpful!

Thanks,

Tiffany

Login or Signup to post a comment