Start a new topic

gift amount greater than pledge amount

I have imported a file where the gift amount is greater than the pledged amount. IOM created an error file saying "The specified amount to apply is greater than the pledge balance. -->BBREAPI.CPledgePayerClass.ApplyToPledge(CGift"

I am wondering whether there is an automated way to create maybe a gift for remainder with IOM.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

Hi Henry,

The behavior you are seeing is current IOM functionality. We have recently filed to have this functionality re-evaluated, and possibly changed to allow you to import overpayments of pledges. I have created a Support case for you and will notify you if the functionality is changed in a future version of IOM.

The workaround is to remove the ID that links to the pledge for the overpayment rows, import the gifts to RE:Batch, and then manually apply each row to the correct pledge. When you do this, you will be able choose the desired option for the remainder amount because RE will present you with the dialog box for pledge overpayment.

The easiest course of action is to only do this for the rows that are exceptions specifically for this reason, rather than your entire file. Please note: If you already import to Batch, when you process your exceptions they will go into a NEW batch as IOM does not append to existing batches.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance! I am also going to dispatch an email to Blackbaud Pacific Support so they can assist you if needed.

Thanks!

Tiffany

Hi Tiffany,

Thank you for the reply. My file has about 400 rows of exceptions and therefore doing it manually is not feasible in the long team.

I will be preparing two import files, one for the pledge amount and the other for the remainder and do two separate imports.

Cheers,
Henry
Login or Signup to post a comment