Start a new topic

Creating Dictionaries Using Regular Expressions

I was very excited to see the recent option to use regular expression with dictionaries in Import-O-Matic.  We strive to keep strict formatting standards on addresses in The Raiser's Edge and would spend quite a bit of time "manually" making changes to addresses in our import file.

I'm a novice with regular expressions but have found it really worth the time to build our address dictionaries.  Below are some screen shots of a few of them.  I'm wondering if other users would be willing to share some of their dictionaries?  Especially if you have written more complicated and/or efficient expressions.

Thanks for letting us know Amy, we'll check it out!
Hi Amy,

You were right, there was an issue with trailing spaces on dictionary replacement values. This will be fixed in our next release, slated for late this week or early next. Thanks for bringing this issue to our attention!

Jeff
Hi Jeff,

Did you have any problem with Import-O-Matic duplicating the first cell of Replacement Values?  When I try to delete it or edit it I'm told that an entry already exists as a parent or child object.

Thanks,
Katie
What would be the expression to get rid of periods in the directions of an address? I thought these expression would do it, but they don't. They'll get it to just an N or just an S, but if there's an initial period in it, it won't take that out. How do I do that? Thanks!
This will remove all periods from the address:

-BLANK- \.

Bless you!

Here is a useful regular expression to add a needed space in an alphanumeric postcode:

Hi there, I'm struggling to create a regular expression...

Basically the incoming value will be a sentence and I'd like anywhere in the sentence that has the text {charityName} to be replaced by our 'real' charity name.

Is this possible?

I'm not getting it to work :-(

Thanks! 

Hi Grazi,

The Replacement Value will be your real charity name.

Then make sure to select the "regex" check box.

The Value to match on with be: {charityName}

Regular expressions are case sensitive, so double check the casing.

Best,

Kristen

Login or Signup to post a comment