Start a new topic

Can IOM be used to update gift records?

Hi there,

I am in a situation where I imported some sponsoring pledges but forgot to attach the solicitor to those pledges.

I have an output file from the first import containing the

1. Donor import ID

2. Pledge import ID

3. Participant import ID alias the solicitor import ID

Now I am trying to instruct IOM to go to the pledge and add back the solicitor that I missed.

In IOM I will import

Column: A, Field Name:Gift ImportID, Record Type: Gift Field, Value Type: Gift ID

Column: T, Participant_import_id, Record Type: Gift Field, Value Type: Solicitor Import ID

I will then get exception error from the import:

Line 1: Required Field Missing:  Surname [Object: 'CRecord', PK: '-1', Import ID: '', Desc: '', Field: 'Surname', Value: ''] -->BBREAPI.CRecordClass.Save()-->#=quphQTLtZ_orNYNFJA6usk_jNOC_XCwm_wwJKVG$fa1I=.#=qUJltwS5Q2_OCDkmKcksBPA==()

It seems like here that IOM is trying to add a new record instead of updating one.

My question is, is there a method to update a gift given that I have the Gift ID that I want to update? For example I might want to change the Fund, appeal or solicitors for each of these gifts.

Any sugguestion will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Henry

Hi Henry - in my experiece, it is much easier to update a gift using RE Admin Import  -as IOM does not provide the capability to do this as far as I am aware - although I believe it is in the works
Hi Erin,

This solves my problem and thanks for the pointer.

Cheers,
Henry
Hmmmm - I recall being recently slapped on the hand when I said IOM does not update gifts. Is this true or untrue?
You can use IOM to update existing gifts using the "Gift Adjustment" as the Record Type and the Gift ID as the identifier. Unfortunately, the Solicitor is not one of the fields you can adjust using IOM. 
Here are the fields available:

Gift Adjustment fields map directly to their specified field without any manipulation or changes from the source file.
  • Amount
  • Appeal
  • Campaign
  • Date
  • Fund
  • Gift ID
  • Gift Import ID
  • Gift Subtype
  • Notes
  • Package
  • Post Date
  • Post Status
  • Reason
  • Use adj. GL post date

However, you can utilize the Global Change functionality of RE to add a solicitor. You can create a new change and using a query for those gifts, then you can add a solicitor. 

You can also add this as a software enhancement request on our User Voice site: iom.uservoice.com
Global change would only work if all of the gifts were to be assigned to the same solicitor. I think a regular RE import would be better.
I got into trouble again. Previously I was able to solve the problem with a global update as the "Fund" was the same for all imported records.

Today I found out another error where the date imported was in American format instead of Australian format. Each record has a different gift date.

In the output of my import, IOM generated the gift ID and Constituent ID and I was hoping to use these to adjust the gift date.

Below is how I mapped the fields from Field Name > Record Type > Value Type:

ImportID > Constituent Field > Import Id (IOM complains that it needs a surname if I do not include this column)
GiftImportID > Gift Adjustment > Gift Import ID
Fund > Gift Adjustment > Fund
Amount > Gift Adjustment > Amount
Date > Gift Adjustment > Date

IOM returns the following import error:

Line 1: The total amount applied ($0.00) does not equal the payment amount ($50.00). -->#=quphQTLtZ_orNYNFJA6usk_jNOC_XCwm_wwJKVG$fa1I=.#=qgZ8RgdRqnT4yq2GofA4cw1jy7mBv0R2tWIu$1jW8Iik=(TextFieldParser #=qR82genCYYjJwQreYjP7XcQ==, String[] #=qWcKQty0ryLWg1WHlDX$4nQ==, TextFieldParser #=qngHSsrn3uSjsHnDfxIMY4U2u8K4a2wsoU9Mx3I94LDU=, Int32 #=qS7m4k6Aanug7zS_x9KI49A==, String #=qc74Qk5djcU$wMdnHIvxjtw==)-->#=quphQTLtZ_orNYNFJA6usk_jNOC_XCwm_wwJKVG$fa1I=.#=qUJltwS5Q2_OCDkmKcksBPA==()

I am not sure what I am doing wrong in mapping the fields. Can someone shed some lights please.
Hi Henry,

I am sorry you are encountering a more complicated issue! In order to properly assist you with this particular issue, I will need to examine the following files: the data file, the error.txt (if applicable), and the IOM profile being used for this import. Please send these files to Support@omaticsoftware.com so that I can better assist you with your issue. When I have a resolution, I will post to this thread.

To send your IOM profile, please follow these steps:

* Go to IOM Configuration
* Highlight the name of the profile you are using
* Right click on it and choose to export
* Send the .xml file that is created
* It will be named in this fashion: IOM_Profile_Export_.xml

Thanks!
Amanda
Omatic Support
Hi Amanda,

Thank you for solving my problem. For those who wanted to know, in order for gift adjustment to work you will need the following fields to amend a gift but not a pledge.

Field Name > Record Type > Value Type
Constituent ImportID > Constituent Field > Import Id
Gift ImportID > Gift Adjustment > Gift Import ID
Campaign > Gift Adjustment > Campaign
Appeal > Gift Adjustment > Appeal
Fund > Gift Adjustment > Fund
Amount > Gift Adjustment > Amount
Date > Gift Adjustment > Date

In conclusion the gift itself is not modified/updated, it is adjusted. And adjustment is only done to the campaign, appeal, fund and amount fields. The date is only the adjustment date but not the gift date.

My objective was to modify or update a gift such as changing the letter type or gift date. My guess is that the simplest way is to use your import output query and delete all the imported gifts and re-import them.
Login or Signup to post a comment