Start a new topic

Import Processing Question

Hello,
I am a new user and need to run an import to update constituents in Raiser's Edge with over 24,000 records. Unfortunately, I can not sit and approve every constituent record match.  Is there a way to have the import automatically update without having to approve the consituent matches?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you!
Lisbeth Fernandez

Hi, Lisbeth,

Automatically matching in IOM is contingent on what data you have available to use for matching.

This is an assistance request that will be more in-depth than can easily be addressed here in the Forum. Please contact Support (support@omaticsoftware.com). Please attach your data file and your profile to your email. To send your profile, right click on it in the list of available profiles and choose to export. Send the .xml file that is created.

Thanks,

Tiffany
Definitely contact support.

There are many options which depend on the setup you create for your profile and whether or not you select to skip over records needing attention.

Personally the entire reason for using IOM is because you get this level of attention - if you just trust your data is right and want to import it and overwrite your existing data you may as well just use RE import.
Thank you!
Hi, Lisbeth,

Now that I have looked over your file and profile, the best way to reduce the number of confirmations you have to make is to turn on Auto Pick in your profile. The settings for Auto Pick are in the profile under: Constituents ---> Duplicate Search ---> Auto-pick record from search results if a single record exactly matches:

You would want to choose the option for First & Last or Org Name, Alias

What this will do:

If ONE record is an EXACT match to First Name and Last Name and Alias, OR to Org Name and Alias, then it will be deemed a match and you will not have to confirm it. Any records that return partial, or multiple matches, will require confirmation. New records will be added as usual.

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Tiffany
Login or Signup to post a comment