Start a new topic

Adding Relationships when Address Fields are required

Hi,

Tesing out IOM 1.9.1.01 and it seems importing relationships works fine when already matching to something already in the system. When I try to add a  new record and add new relationship record (or complete record with link) I get the following exception.

Line 1: Required Field Missing:  City -->BBREAPI.CRecordClass.Save()-->#=qgiZgI_GSqFkCV5iIDxfdsnx70TfNQEqFPZ8VMOeaKXE=(String #=qEwTQCKki3op3WbnIukQO4g==, Boolean #=qcIWpjxccsHe6NuYuDPTqMg==, Int32 #=qTMZwsCiMNSPrholiNCHj4A==, String #=qrZmr1wFoTM$vrht0txhxkCMmnnoUP4EOSWrwtQ7LelA=, ArrayList& #=qTGwvgDIxtveTe_l_71ay$WIZ95bD7ic8TSp$aYW7MWw=, Boolean #=q_tkPiFWsAyAxjHe5FvCXPQ==)-->#=qzudXADzIVz3MmgoKt5cvrQ==()

I believe this is because we have City State and Zip required on all addresses.

Any ideas on a workaround for this issue?

Hi Bill,

Thanks for contacting O-Matic Software Support. What I believe is happening is that when you are importing the relationships, if you are mapping in any address fields for them, it is going to require any fields you have marked as required in Raiser's Edge. The only alternatives that I can think of are to remove the requirement of the City, State and Zip fields, populate the fields with a value or don't map the address fields at all.

If I have misunderstood how you have the records set up, please let me know. I hope you have a great day.

Callie
Hi Bill,

This is actually a result of the way IOM is now processing relationships in the 1.9 version. Essentially, Import-O-Matic was incorrectly thinking that fields that are required for constituents would also need to be required for non-constituent relationships, which is obviously not the case. We have this issue resolved in the forthcoming release within the next week or so. However... required fields for constituents will still be required if the relationship you are adding is a full constituent (as opposed to a non-constituent). Does that work for you?

Thanks,
Jeff
Hi Jeff,

I think so, I'm not trying to trump the field rules in the import file I do provide them even if redundant.  I just want to do everything in one import instead of two.  So if it's a spouse and I don't want to create a full record or a business link whereas I do.

The one other thing that will force me to do two imports is the removal of being able to add multiple constituent codes to a new record. Sometimes they require more than one.
 So if it's a spouse and I don't want to create a full record or a business link whereas I do.
I'm not sure that's a good example because you can tell IOM to create Individual Rels as non-constits and Org Rels as constits. Do you have the same problem with some Individuals needing to be constits and some not? If so, would an "Is constituent?" field on IOM relationship fields solve that issue?
 The one other thing that will force me to do two imports is the removal of being able to add multiple constituent codes to a new record. Sometimes they require more than one.
Can you not add more than one constituent code field to an import? You should be able too, let me know if you're having issues with that.
Hi Jeff,

Has the software been updated yet to correct this issue?

"Essentially, Import-O-Matic was incorrectly thinking that fields that are required for constituents would also need to be required for non-constituent relationships, which is obviously not the case. We have this issue resolved in the forthcoming release within the next week or so."

I am running into this also.

Thanks!
Bridget
Hi Bridget,

Yep, that fix was released the day after I posted that (see the post here).  You'll now want to download the latest one from here though. If you're already on the newest version and still experiencing issues with this, please let us know. 

Thanks,
Jeff
Hi Jeff.

We are on V.1.9.1.03 and I am still running into this issue. Here is the error message:

Line 1: Required Field Missing: Last Name [Object: 'CRecord', PK: '?', Import ID: '?', Desc: '?', Field: 'Last Name'] -->BBREAPI.CRecordClass.Save()-->#=qEh$foYSdKWea4w8qXc1N8TmjL_dcypk9a5U6LLG_4Rs=(String #=qCpxjruvpUm9ixowVFDvdMw==, Boolean #=qgthEtDJzFM4X2IBDPkAfJQ==, Int32 #=q_eQvqmEjmA$6mbmvhPBIpQ==, String #=qsx9Tm4VPmKAABsHS3tDT609a10w2rep7wW4HtlNp9U0=, ArrayList& #=qhaQcGgCMcVj8kNJN1LDP2bsTBkTYt7YydkVhJsGJdOo=, Boolean #=qi2KySQtQkPyzYCN_oyNWZw==)-->#=qDcmKDvdoL71qtqCvhVfQBw==()

Please advise.
Bridget
Hi Bridget,

Your issue is a little different than the OP's. In his case, a constituent field that is not typically required was made required by a business rule, and IOM was incorrectly requiring that field for non-constituent relationships as well. That issue was fixed, but in your case... "last name" is not an optional field required by a business rule, it is always required by both constituents and non-constituent individual relationships. My guess would be that you have a row that does not have an Individual Relationship but it does have some field value somewhere that is mapped to an Individual Relationship field. If IOM finds any value for an Ind. Rel., it is going to try to create that Ind. Rel., and if you haven't specified all of the required fields for an Ind. Rel. then RE is going to reject that record. Can you check your file and see if any of your Ind. Rel. columns have data in them even when there isn't an Ind. Rel. on that row?

Thanks,
Jeff
Hi Jeff,

I just took a look at the data file and all of the fields that are mapped to the individual relationships do not contain any data.

Bridget
OK, thanks Bridget. Let's make a support case for this and see if we can figure out what is going on. Would mind sending an email to support with:
1) a brief description of the behavior your are seeing and the associated error log message (can probably cut and paste from above)
2) a sample data file that includes rows that will reproduce the error (please let us know if it is all rows or only specific ones)
3) an EXPORT of your profile (this is new in 1.9.1 - you can right-click on your profile in the profiles list and select to export the settings to file)
4) make the email subject "IOM: 'Required Field Missing: Last Name' on save of Individual Relationship"
5) you may want to mention this thread in the email so they know what we have already discussed
I think we'll be able to get this figured out for you.

Thanks,
Jeff
Hi Jeff,

I just sent the email to support@omaticsoftware.com. It took me awhileto get the profile because we have Import-O-Matic installed on our citrix server and I could not see it's desktop. It would be nice to be able to save the profile where we wanted (sidetrack).

Thank you!
Bridget
Hi Bridget,

We were able to figure out the issue. You ave a dictionary on the Individual Relationship - Gender field. That dictionary has a translation from Blank to Unknown. So since that was translated, IOM thought that there was Individual Relationship fields and tried to create a relationship. And, because there was no Relationship Last Name field, you received the error. So, to fix the issue, you can either remove the dictionary (if it is not needed) or delete the Blank option from the dictionary. Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Best,

Callie
Login or Signup to post a comment