Start a new topic

Beta Testing new version and address info

I am using the new version (beta) and have found that the address information is not pulling into the batch.  Is there a field or check box I need to look at prior to importing?  This is the first time I've imported since our class.

Thank you,
Heather

Hi Heather,

Thanks for contacting Import-O-Matic Support. Addresses don't typically pull into the Batch grid. Areyou talking about in the Constituent Window on the side of the Batch grid? Will you please provide some clarification as to what is happening?

Thanks,

Callie
Hi Callie,
I've been working on too many projects at one time...

What I meant was the addresses were not getting pulled into the donor's record. For example, a new donor is created but the address information is not being pulled into the record. I am using the same import profile that I had used prior to downloading the beta version. Thank you, Heather
Hi Heather,

Since there are no specific settings for new constituent's addresses, my thought is to check to be sure that you have included all of the required address fields in your import. That can be checked by going to Configuration, Fields, Address in Raiser's Edge. It will show you what fields either you or Raiser's Edge require for Addresses. For example, do you have a default Address Type selected on the Defaults tab of Import-O-Matic? Address Type is a required field for adding constituent addresses. Once you have done that, run the import again. Please let us know if you need any additional assistance.

Best,

Callie
Hi Callie,

I've tried running a few test imports and they are still not getting pulled into Raiser's Edge. I would like to show you what happens when I do this if you have some time next week. I will be out of the office on Monday but can work on it any other day.

Thank you,
Heather
Hi Heather,

I can do anytime on Tuesday before 12 PM EST. Please let me know what time will work best for you.

Best,

Callie
Hi Heather and Callie-

We are having the same problem. I used Callie's suggestion and looked at required fields. The only field we require to add an address is type. The address type is defaulted in a custom default set selected by the IOM configuration.

Our gift entry staff tried to import gifts today. For all new records, all of the data file information sucessfully imported, except for the address.

Any insight would be helpful.

Thanks!
Libby
Hi Everyone,

Thanks for your patience. The issue seems to be occurring when running an existing profile in version 1.9. We have reported the issue to our programmers and they are currently looking into finding a permanent solution. In the interim, our clients who have copied the profile and saved it in version 1.9 have found that it resolves the problem. Alternately, you could recreate the profile from scratch.  So, please try copying the profile and running the import again. Let us know if the problem persists.

Best,

Callie
We are having the same problem but it appears to be happening when trying to add an individual relationship and the last name is missing. I looked at the config, and there are not any required fields, saved the profile in v1.9 and tried again. Same error. Here is the error message:

Line 1: Required Field Missing: Last Name [Object: 'CRecord', PK: '?', Import ID: '?', Desc: '?', Field: 'Last Name'] -->BBREAPI.CRecordClass.Save()-->#=qEh$foYSdKWea4w8qXc1N8TmjL_dcypk9a5U6LLG_4Rs=(String #=qCpxjruvpUm9ixowVFDvdMw==, Boolean #=qgthEtDJzFM4X2IBDPkAfJQ==, Int32 #=q_eQvqmEjmA$6mbmvhPBIpQ==, String #=qsx9Tm4VPmKAABsHS3tDT609a10w2rep7wW4HtlNp9U0=, ArrayList& #=qhaQcGgCMcVj8kNJN1LDP2bsTBkTYt7YydkVhJsGJdOo=, Boolean #=qi2KySQtQkPyzYCN_oyNWZw==)-->#=qDcmKDvdoL71qtqCvhVfQBw==()

Re-creating this profile would take quite awhile. If I can avoid that, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Bridget
Hi Bridget, I believe your issue is different and was addressed in 1.9.1.03.

Libby and Heather, are you still experiencing this behavior even on the latest version (1.9.1.03 or later)?
Hi Callie-

We have two profiles in IOM running right now. The one we were having address import problems with above is a new gift import file. We did not start experiencing the problem until we updated to 1.9.1.03. I created a V1.9 import profile per your advice, then we received the following error message:

Fixed "Value of '1' is not valid for 'itemIndex'" when option to show duplicate search form even when no results were found was selected.

We have yet to update to 1.9.1.04, so we just unchecked the "show duplicate search form even when no results were found" box. It seems to be working.

The other profile we are running is a constituent import that contains multiple relationship types. Bridget is configuring and running that import, so hopefully the last name/relationship issue can be solved.

Thanks!
Libby
Login or Signup to post a comment