Start a new topic

Advanced Address Processing in Import-O-Matic

Have you ever seen the Advanced Address Processing (AAP) form pop up when the similarity score for an address is 100? You might be wondering why you would see that form when the similarity score is above the score set in your settings.

Advanced Address Processing Form

The similarity score in Import-O-Matic is based only on the address block.  Import-O-Matic considers any change in the the City, State, or Postal Code as significantly different.  Therefore, if the City, State, or Postal Code are different Import-O-Matic automatically shows the Advanced Address Processing form. 

What setting do I select so that the “plus four” is not considered a significant difference?
Per the IOM User Guide, IOM considers a different city, state, or zipcode as a significant difference as you explain; however, the User Guide states that the exception is zip codes where the only difference is “plus four”.

As I set up my Profile, the Addresses processing is set to “show advanced address processing form” if a new address is significantly different than an existing constituent’s addresses. I am surprised to see the zip plus four showing up as a significant difference when similarity = 100.
Hi Stacey,

There is no setting to change relative to the zip+4. The last four digits of a Zip+4 zip code should not be enough to trigger the Advanced Address Processing (AAP) form by itself, as most clients (like you) have indicated they do not want to see the AAP for that reason. We have tested this and verified that a change to zip+4 only was not triggering the AAP form. The form would be triggered if one of the digits in the zip code itself, city state, zip code or one of the ancillary address fields was different, ie. Source, Region, etc.

Additionally, the similarity score only refers to differences in the address lines. It does not consider the city, state or zip codes as a part of its criteria. So, if they address lines are exactly the same, but there was a change in the Region field, for example, Import-O-Matic would show the AAP Form with a similarity score of 100.

Please check your address fields to see if one of the other address fields might be the reason the AAP form is popping up.
Callie,
Omatic customer support identified the problem. The file I was importing included columns for "Address Date from" and "Address Info Source". These two ancillary address fields caused the plus four functionality to fail. I removed those columns from my file. Instead, per customer support's suggestions, I am now using (a) a Constituent Default to set the Address Info Source value, and (b) checking the box for "set date to to current date and set date from on new" on the Profile Addresses tab.
Hi Stacey,

Just to clarify... those ancillary address fields did not cause the plus-four comparison functionality to fail, it was showing the Address Processing form because you were importing those values to an address record that were different than were already there. In a future version we'll have an option that will allow you to ignore those ancillary field values (Info Source, Dates, etc) when deciding whether to show . Glad you've got it up and running!

By the way, anytime we're talking about "plus four" functionality here at the office, this commercial always starts running in my head. Any one else have problems with early 80's commercials replaying in their heads at inopportune times?  :-)

Jeff
This is an old topic but I've been having issues with the Address Info Source and I noticed that a suggestion was made to use a 'constituent default' to add the info source.  I want to know if this will work because A) the defaults are supposed to only process with NEW constituent records and not just new addresses on existing records and B) it's never worked for me.
If it's not an option, I would like to suggest creating an 'Address Default Set' for new address records, much like new gift records or action records, etc.
Posted By Patrick Manning on 17 May 2012 10:44 AM
this will work because A) the defaults are supposed to only process with NEW constituent records and not just new addresses on existing records 
Default sets are only applied to new records, so if the CONSTITUENT is new (not just the address) it should pre-populate data from the default set.
and B) it's never worked for me.
Default Sets in general haven't worked, or setting address info on a constituent default set? Was the constituent a new record?
I would like to suggest creating an 'Address Default Set' for new address records, much like new gift records or action records, etc.
We would love to be able to do that, but unfortunately (to my knowledge) there are no default sets for address records.
In this situation, the defaults did not work because I was not creating a new constituent record.  My curiosity peeked slightly when I saw a mention of defaults being applied but not specifically to new records.  I thought as much (ie, not possible with existing records) but just needed confirmation.
Login or Signup to post a comment