Start a new topic

Recurring Gift Updates

Hi,
Just checking that IOM still cant modify existing Recurring Gifts?
Thanks.

Hi Paul,

In this latest release we added the ability to import Gift Adjustments into the Raiser's Edge. Will that work for you? If not, can you describe in more detail what you would like to do?

Thanks,
Jeff

Recurring gifts are modified via an ammendment and not an adjustment. Does IOM do both or only adjustments?
Straight to the point as usual Melissa! :-) Yes, you are correct. I'm actually responding from 30,000 ft on a red-eye from Hawaii, will try to keep my adjustments and amendments straight for the rest of flight!

Paul, are you looking to import amendments or just update fields directly on the gift record? The new functionality in the latest release is Gift Adjustments only. In some good news though, you got your wish in this release for this issue: http://omaticsoftware.com/Forums/tabid/108/aft/197/Default.aspx#516

Jeff

Hi Jeff,
Firstly, thanks so much for the gift adjustment update, although I can only get it to import new gifts. Where is best to get advice on how to setup a profile that shows me how to adjust exisitng Recurring Gifts?

Secondly, I want to import amendments onto existing Recurring Gifts and also update info on the RG gift record like credit card details/pay methods etc

Out telemarketing results require us to amend an existing recurring gift, entering splits to record the upgrade/reactivation etc and any changes to schedule, amount etc.

We have hundreds every week and its very time consuming. Raisers Edge normal import for this is very clunky.

Thank you.
Hi Paul,

I see what you are saying about importing amendments. Unfortunately it's not a small task, but it is functionality that is under review. I would highly recommend that you vote for that request on our UserVoice: http://iom.uservoice.com/forums/18118-general/suggestions/2358895-import-to-existing-gifts-using-giftimportid

For importing the adjustment, did you specify an existing Gift ID or Gift Import ID field? It needs that to match up to the existing gift. Also, are you using the new "Gift Adjustment" record type in the field mapping, not the "Gift" record type?

Jeff
Hi Jeff,
Will indeed vote, thanks.

Yes to all for the adjustment issue. Will this work on RGs as well?

Thanks.
Hi Paul,

If you're having specific issues with the adjustment import, I should probably ask you to send an email with the particulars to support and they'll help you get it shipshape. Just be sure to include all the necessary info (maybe a copy of the sample data, the exception log, and an export of your profile) and they should be able to get you moving straightaway.

Thanks,
Jeff

Ok excellent will do.
Login or Signup to post a comment