Start a new topic

Referencing Existing Constiuent Data in IOM

I need to change a gift attribute based on the individuals' Classification on the Prospect tab.

Here are the specifics: I am importing gifts. I need to look at the existing constituent record (if available) and see if the Classification equals "Leadership." If it does, it changes an attribute description (category=GLCode) to 5678. If the prospect classification is not "Leadership' it is 1234.

I am pretty new to the API world. With this forum's help, I've figured out if/then/else statements but I don't know how to take this next step into looking at existing data, not just working with incoming data.

Thanks for your help!

Got it working.
Can you share your solution with us so that it may help others with similar issue?
This is my coding. If a gift is $1000 or more, or the donor already has a Prospect Classification of 'Leadership,' the Campaign is set to 'Leadership' and the leadership general ledger code is applied (we store these in gift attributes). I love being able to look at existing information on a constituent record to update the incoming data--it opens up so many great possibilities.

Public Overrides Sub AfterConstituentOpen(ByVal oRec As Blackbaud.PIA.RE7.BBREAPI.CRecord, ByVal Cancel As ImportOM.API.iCancel)
MyBase.AfterConstituentOpen(oRec, Cancel)

'define source column names
Dim sGiftAmount = "AC"

'define virtual column names
Dim vGiftID = "AO"
Dim vGiftType =”AH”

'if gift amount (AC)>=1000 OR Donor is Leadership already then gift goes to Leadership campaign, otherwise Campaign (AH)=On-line
If System.Convert.ToDecimal(GetColumn(sGiftAmount)) >= 1000 Then
SetColumn(vGiftType, "Leadership")
SetColumn(vGiftID, "0-140-4000-0-38")
Else If Not orec.Prospect.Fields(Blackbaud.PIA.RE7.BBREAPI.EPROSPECTFields.PROSPECT_fld_CLASSIFICATION) Is Nothing AndAlso orec.Prospect.Fields(Blackbaud.PIA.RE7.BBREAPI.EPROSPECTFields.PROSPECT_fld_CLASSIFICATION).Equals("Leadership Donor") Then
'if giver is already a leadership donor
SetColumn(vGiftType, "Leadership")
SetColumn(vGiftID, "0-140-4000-0-38")
Else
SetColumn(vGiftType, "On-line")
SetColumn(vGiftID, "0-140-4000-0-32")
End if
End Sub
Login or Signup to post a comment