Start a new topic

Mail Chimp Connector

Hello!  We recently upgraded to IOM v3.2.0.0.  We'd really like to get configured to use the MailChimp Connector.  However, the connection between MailChimp and IOM doesn't seem to be functioning properly.  I am able to generate an API key in MailChimp and then get a "successful" connection when trying to create a new profile within the IOM application.  However, the drop-down menu for the Lists is blank.  In other words, it is not reading the mailing lists we've got set up in MailChimp. See screenshot:

When I look through my MailChimp account I do not see that Omatic software is one of the available integrations. 

Any ideas or advice?

Thanks
Rachel

Ok thanks. I'll try reinstalling the connector then.

I reinstalled the connector and I'm still having the same no lists error pop up. Is there anything else I can try?
Hi Eric,

Do your lists in MailChimp have contacts in them? If the lists are empty, then they won't show in the Connector. Just want to rule that out as an issue.

Thanks,
Emily

I do have contacts in them.

Hi Eric,
The connector was updated again on Tuesday. It has not been announced yet because we are waiting on a confirmation of the results, but you can go ahead and download it and update yours again to see it solves the issue for you.
Steve
Hi Eric,

I just opened a support case so that we can troubleshoot this issue with you. You will be receiving an email shortly.

Thank you,
Amanda
Omatic Software
Hi Steve and team -

In attempting to create a new Export Profile and/or Export to a new list (from RE to MailChimp), I have encountered a new issue. In both instances (creating a profile or attempting to export one), IOM is showing me only 10 choices of MailChimp lists. The 10 choices it is showing me are all active lists, though it seems to be a random choice of which 10 (of our 17 total) lists it's showing me.

Of course, the list I need to export is one of the 7 it is NOT showing me...

I have tried re-entering API credentials, etc., and have had no luck.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Rachel
Hi Rachel,

We've updated the MailChimp connector to increase the number of mailing lists shown in the configuration screen. We've also alphabetized the list to make it easier to find the list you're looking for. This change is going through testing now and will be released very soon. Stay tuned!

Thank you,
Amanda
Omatic Software
Thanks, Amanda. I look forward to the release!

-Rachel

Hi Rachel,

The IOM MailChimp Connector version 2.2.0.2 is now available - you can download it here.  This version has the following updates:

Updated error messages in MailChimp connector when API key is disabled or invalid

Increased number of records pulled back in MailChimp connector import

Updated number of mailing lists shown in MailChimp connector configuration screen

Sue

Excellent! Looks like it's working now. As usual, I'll let you know if I come across any other issues!

Thanks,
Rachel
Hi all,

Am I right in thinking that this connector currently only works with subscriptions and un-subscriptions? I.e. I can't use this to download send, opens and clicks onto actions?

Cheers,
Tom
Tom, that's on the very near term roadmap. Would you like to beta test with us?

Jeff
Hello again!

I have a question/suggestion for the MailChimp Subscribe profile/import. We have a list where people can subscribe to our e-newsletter. On the sing-up form that we created in MailChimp, we ask for First Name, Last Name, and Email Address (all of which are FIELDS in MailChimp). Then we ask them two additional questions (which state's newsletter are they interested in receiving, and what type of interest they have in our organization). These are both GROUPS in MailChimp.

When I set up a Subscribe profile to this list in IOM, it does not see the two GROUP questions. I would LOVE to have these be part of our subscribe connector import. Otherwise, I have to do a totally separate import to get those two bits of information. Is making the group questions import-able (as if they were fields) via the connector a possibility?

Please let me know if I have not been clear in stating my question/

Thank you!
-Rachel
Hi Rachel,

Sorry for the delay on getting back to you! We were looking into this. It looks like this is possible (adding Groups / Interests data to the MailChimp Subscriber Import). We've added it to our list of updates to the MailChimp Connector. I'll let you know when it's available!

Thanks,
Emily
Login or Signup to post a comment