Start a new topic

Adding Relationships and Joint Member Cards for Indivuals & Spouses

I'm running into a problem when I'm importing memberships and gifts for both Individual and Dual memberships.  For the Duals who have spouse relationships, the import is working fine, adding the relationship and a joint-member card for them on the membership.  But for the Duals with no spouse and the Individuals, the import is adding a relationship and a joint member card with just the Individual's last name.  Ideally, I want the Duals with no named spouse to get their own card and a card that reads "Guest of First Name Last Name" and I want Individuals to only get their own card.

I'm considering creating additional import profiles for Individuals that would just ignore the relationship data fields and for Duals with no named spouse that would ignore the relationship data fields and create a "Guest of" card, but I'd love it if I could handle all 3 with a single import.

My import profile JSON file is attached.

Thanks!

json

Hi Michael,

This would only be possible through a customization in the IOM API.  If you have even a basic understanding VB programming it would be a very simple customization.

You could do something like this in the after dictionaries section

If Import.Fields.GetByExcelName("H").Value = "" Then

Import.Fields.GetByExcelName("H").Value = "Guest of " & Import.Fields.GetByExcelName("C").Value

Import.Fields.GetByExcelName("J").Value = Import.Fields.GetByExcelName("E").Value

End if

Thanks,

John

And if I wanted to include the Suffix to the name on the guest card, add a 

Import.Fields.GetByExcelName("K").Value = Import.Fields.GetByExcelName("F").Value

line?

How about for the Individuals who won't be getting a guest card?  I know nothing about writing the code, but how do I do something that says if membership category is individual, ignore spouse name fields and joint member card fields?

M

Oh, and also, if I wanted not to use my data to assign the name to the "Guest of" card and instead choose it from the Name on card configuration table in RE, how can I do that?  We have a table entry set up for this very purpose and I'd rather use that.

Thanks!

To tell IOM to use the values from the RE Config table you'll need to run an addressee/salutation report in RE to determine the appropriate number (for example 47 in the screen shot).  Then map Member Cards editable as No, and Config Add Sal ID to the appropriate number.

To tell the code to also look at if it is an individual or a joint membership you'd need to say something like 

If Import.Fields.GetByExcelName("X").Value = "individual" then

Import.Fields.GetByExcelName("Y").Value = ""

Import.Fields.GetByExcelName("Z").Value = ""

End if

I'm just using XYZ as examples, that isn't specific to your profiles.  Essentially this code says that if the field that is coming in is individual then set the relationship fields to blank.

We also offer customizations as a paid service if you feel like this is getting too complicated.  Let me know if that would be something you'd be interested in.

Thanks,

John

Thanks John!  I'll see about trying to map a table value to the names on cards.  In the meantime, I added the lines of code you suggested earlier and ran the import.  It's adding "Guest of First Last" as a Relationship, but I only want it as a Name on Card for dual members with no named spouse.  Any suggestions about having the import recognize that distinction?

It's likely that we'll come to you for paid customization work in the future if this membership program continues.  We're in a test phase right now so it's just a small number that I can work with.

Thanks again!

M

Login or Signup to post a comment