Start a new topic

Constituent Code being added to wrong constituent records

I have an import file that is importing our new parent information.  The primary parent gets a full record in RE and is linked to their student via the alias field.  The import seems to be working except that it is adding a constituent code of current parent to the student's record.  I have the parent constituent code mapped to Individual Relationship>Constituent Codes>Code, which is how the IOM support analyst I've been working with said it should be mapped. What do I need to do to prevent the current parent constituent code from being added to the students records?

Thank you,

Terri

If you are adding the Parent as the new record, then the child is the Relationship.  The parent should be mapped as Constituent -- Constituent Code -- Code.  Try it on one record to see how it maps.  If you are adding the child as a link within Relationships, then you can map the child record as Individual Relationship>Constituent Codes>Code.

Barbara

Hmmm, I thought I answered this, but it doesn't seem to have gone through.

If you are entering the Parent as the main constituent then the mapping needs to be Constituent -- Constituent Code -- Code (that of the parent).  If you are linking the child to the parent in relationships then it needs to be mapped Individual Relationship>Constituent Codes>Code.  Test it out on one record to make sure it's mapping correctly.

Barbara

Login or Signup to post a comment